Apr 29, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
Oregon head coach Dana Altman got his Class of 2015 started on Tuesday evening, earning a commitment from Mayfair High (Calif.) rising senior point guard Kendall Small. He announced his decision via Twitter.
The 6-foot Small is a four-star recruit, listed as the No. 69 overall player in his class, according to Rivals.
The Ducks graduate Johnathan Loyd from this season’s team, but have lined up several point guards for the coming years. Dominic Artis has two years of eligibility remaining while three-star floor general Casey Benson and lead guard JaQuan Lyle, a five-star recruit who committed to the Ducks on Mar. 19, join the program this fall.
Oregon is not done with its incoming class, as Ben Carter’s departure gives the Ducks with one available scholarship for the 2014-2015 season.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)