Apr 29, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
Oregon head coach Dana Altman got his Class of 2015 started on Tuesday evening, earning a commitment from Mayfair High (Calif.) rising senior point guard Kendall Small. He announced his decision via Twitter.
The 6-foot Small is a four-star recruit, listed as the No. 69 overall player in his class, according to Rivals.
The Ducks graduate Johnathan Loyd from this season’s team, but have lined up several point guards for the coming years. Dominic Artis has two years of eligibility remaining while three-star floor general Casey Benson and lead guard JaQuan Lyle, a five-star recruit who committed to the Ducks on Mar. 19, join the program this fall.
Oregon is not done with its incoming class, as Ben Carter’s departure gives the Ducks with one available scholarship for the 2014-2015 season.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)