Apr 29, 2014, 12:25 PM EDT
Baylor landed their first commitment for the Class of 2015 on Tuesday afternoon as King McClure pledged to Scott Drew and the Bears.
Evan Daniels of Scout.com was the first to report the news.
McClure, the No. 37 recruit in the Class of 2015, according to Rivals, is a 6-foot-3 scoring guard from Dallas. He’s a physical scorer that is at his best when he’s putting the ball on the floor and getting into the paint.
“One of the better pure scorers in the class of 2015,” Rivals’ Eric Bossi called him. “King is in the mold of a Ben Gordon type. He is a strong combo guard who bounces off defenders on drives, has a good mid range game and is a streaky shooter from deep with a short memory and loads of confidence.”
McLure is a four-star recruit.
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 0
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)