Apr 29, 2014, 12:25 PM EDT
Baylor landed their first commitment for the Class of 2015 on Tuesday afternoon as King McClure pledged to Scott Drew and the Bears.
Evan Daniels of Scout.com was the first to report the news.
McClure, the No. 37 recruit in the Class of 2015, according to Rivals, is a 6-foot-3 scoring guard from Dallas. He’s a physical scorer that is at his best when he’s putting the ball on the floor and getting into the paint.
“One of the better pure scorers in the class of 2015,” Rivals’ Eric Bossi called him. “King is in the mold of a Ben Gordon type. He is a strong combo guard who bounces off defenders on drives, has a good mid range game and is a streaky shooter from deep with a short memory and loads of confidence.”
McLure is a four-star recruit.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 33
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (36)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)