Apr 29, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
Bradley scored a major recruit on Tuesday afternoon, as Morgan Park High (Ill.) forward Josh Cunningham announced his commitment to the Braves.
Cunningham is a four-star prospect, listed as the No. 88 overall player in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals. The 6-foot-7 forward picked Bradley over offers from multiple high-major programs such as Creighton, DePaul, Indiana, Iowa State, Minnesota, Missouir, Nebraska, Northwestern, Oklahoma, South Carolina and St. John’s.
The bouncy forward led the Mustangs two 3A Illinois state titles during his high school career, and spent his time on the grassroots circuit with star-studded Mac Irvin Fire. Last summer in the Nike EYBL, he averaged 11.2 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.0 assists in 21 games.
He becomes the fifth commit in Bradley’s incoming class, but he is the one who should have the most impact from the start. The Braves finished in the bottom half of the Missouri Valley Conference last season with a 12-20 (7-11 MVC) record.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 0
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (6)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)