Apr 29, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
Bradley scored a major recruit on Tuesday afternoon, as Morgan Park High (Ill.) forward Josh Cunningham announced his commitment to the Braves.
Cunningham is a four-star prospect, listed as the No. 88 overall player in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals. The 6-foot-7 forward picked Bradley over offers from multiple high-major programs such as Creighton, DePaul, Indiana, Iowa State, Minnesota, Missouir, Nebraska, Northwestern, Oklahoma, South Carolina and St. John’s.
The bouncy forward led the Mustangs two 3A Illinois state titles during his high school career, and spent his time on the grassroots circuit with star-studded Mac Irvin Fire. Last summer in the Nike EYBL, he averaged 11.2 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.0 assists in 21 games.
He becomes the fifth commit in Bradley’s incoming class, but he is the one who should have the most impact from the start. The Braves finished in the bottom half of the Missouri Valley Conference last season with a 12-20 (7-11 MVC) record.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)