Apr 29, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
Bradley scored a major recruit on Tuesday afternoon, as Morgan Park High (Ill.) forward Josh Cunningham announced his commitment to the Braves.
Cunningham is a four-star prospect, listed as the No. 88 overall player in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals. The 6-foot-7 forward picked Bradley over offers from multiple high-major programs such as Creighton, DePaul, Indiana, Iowa State, Minnesota, Missouir, Nebraska, Northwestern, Oklahoma, South Carolina and St. John’s.
The bouncy forward led the Mustangs two 3A Illinois state titles during his high school career, and spent his time on the grassroots circuit with star-studded Mac Irvin Fire. Last summer in the Nike EYBL, he averaged 11.2 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.0 assists in 21 games.
He becomes the fifth commit in Bradley’s incoming class, but he is the one who should have the most impact from the start. The Braves finished in the bottom half of the Missouri Valley Conference last season with a 12-20 (7-11 MVC) record.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)