Apr 29, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
Bradley scored a major recruit on Tuesday afternoon, as Morgan Park High (Ill.) forward Josh Cunningham announced his commitment to the Braves.
Cunningham is a four-star prospect, listed as the No. 88 overall player in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals. The 6-foot-7 forward picked Bradley over offers from multiple high-major programs such as Creighton, DePaul, Indiana, Iowa State, Minnesota, Missouir, Nebraska, Northwestern, Oklahoma, South Carolina and St. John’s.
The bouncy forward led the Mustangs two 3A Illinois state titles during his high school career, and spent his time on the grassroots circuit with star-studded Mac Irvin Fire. Last summer in the Nike EYBL, he averaged 11.2 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.0 assists in 21 games.
He becomes the fifth commit in Bradley’s incoming class, but he is the one who should have the most impact from the start. The Braves finished in the bottom half of the Missouri Valley Conference last season with a 12-20 (7-11 MVC) record.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 1
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)