Apr 29, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
Bradley scored a major recruit on Tuesday afternoon, as Morgan Park High (Ill.) forward Josh Cunningham announced his commitment to the Braves.
Cunningham is a four-star prospect, listed as the No. 88 overall player in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals. The 6-foot-7 forward picked Bradley over offers from multiple high-major programs such as Creighton, DePaul, Indiana, Iowa State, Minnesota, Missouir, Nebraska, Northwestern, Oklahoma, South Carolina and St. John’s.
The bouncy forward led the Mustangs two 3A Illinois state titles during his high school career, and spent his time on the grassroots circuit with star-studded Mac Irvin Fire. Last summer in the Nike EYBL, he averaged 11.2 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.0 assists in 21 games.
He becomes the fifth commit in Bradley’s incoming class, but he is the one who should have the most impact from the start. The Braves finished in the bottom half of the Missouri Valley Conference last season with a 12-20 (7-11 MVC) record.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)