Apr 30, 2014, 10:48 PM EDT
Florida landed its second commitment in the 2015 class Wednesday night, with multiple outlets reporting that 6-foot-3 guard KeVaughn Allen made his pledge to join Billy Donovan’s program. A native of North Little Rock, Ark., Allen is ranked 59th in 247Sports.com’s composite Top 100 list for the 2015 class.
Allen averaged 21.3 points, 6.4 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game as a junior at North Little Rock HS, leading the team to its second consecutive state title. As a result of his play, the athletic guard was named Gatorade State Player of the Year. From a depth chart standpoint by the time Allen arrives in Gainesville, both Michael Frazier II and Eli Carter will be seniors and Kasey Hill will be a junior in 2015.
Florida also adds guards Chris Chiozza and Brandone Francis this season, so the Gators’ newest commit won’t lack for competition. Allen joins 6-foot-9 forward/center Kevarrius Hayes in Florida’s 2015 recruiting class.
- Alabama’s treatment of former player Daisha Simmons is shameful 0
- Throwback Thursday: Illinois and Arizona spar in a phenomenal 2005 Elite 8 game 0
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 1
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- NCAA twitter account effortlessly trolls MLB during playoff opener (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)