Apr 30, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
Florida landed its second commitment in the 2015 class Wednesday night, with multiple outlets reporting that 6-foot-3 guard KeVaughn Allen made his pledge to join Billy Donovan’s program. A native of North Little Rock, Ark., Allen is ranked 59th in 247Sports.com’s composite Top 100 list for the 2015 class.
Allen averaged 21.3 points, 6.4 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game as a junior at North Little Rock HS, leading the team to its second consecutive state title. As a result of his play, the athletic guard was named Gatorade State Player of the Year. From a depth chart standpoint by the time Allen arrives in Gainesville, both Michael Frazier II and Eli Carter will be seniors and Kasey Hill will be a junior in 2015.
Florida also adds guards Chris Chiozza and Brandone Francis this season, so the Gators’ newest commit won’t lack for competition. Allen joins 6-foot-9 forward/center Kevarrius Hayes in Florida’s 2015 recruiting class.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)