Apr 30, 2014, 10:48 PM EDT
Florida landed its second commitment in the 2015 class Wednesday night, with multiple outlets reporting that 6-foot-3 guard KeVaughn Allen made his pledge to join Billy Donovan’s program. A native of North Little Rock, Ark., Allen is ranked 59th in 247Sports.com’s composite Top 100 list for the 2015 class.
Allen averaged 21.3 points, 6.4 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game as a junior at North Little Rock HS, leading the team to its second consecutive state title. As a result of his play, the athletic guard was named Gatorade State Player of the Year. From a depth chart standpoint by the time Allen arrives in Gainesville, both Michael Frazier II and Eli Carter will be seniors and Kasey Hill will be a junior in 2015.
Florida also adds guards Chris Chiozza and Brandone Francis this season, so the Gators’ newest commit won’t lack for competition. Allen joins 6-foot-9 forward/center Kevarrius Hayes in Florida’s 2015 recruiting class.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)