Apr 30, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
Florida landed its second commitment in the 2015 class Wednesday night, with multiple outlets reporting that 6-foot-3 guard KeVaughn Allen made his pledge to join Billy Donovan’s program. A native of North Little Rock, Ark., Allen is ranked 59th in 247Sports.com’s composite Top 100 list for the 2015 class.
Allen averaged 21.3 points, 6.4 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game as a junior at North Little Rock HS, leading the team to its second consecutive state title. As a result of his play, the athletic guard was named Gatorade State Player of the Year. From a depth chart standpoint by the time Allen arrives in Gainesville, both Michael Frazier II and Eli Carter will be seniors and Kasey Hill will be a junior in 2015.
Florida also adds guards Chris Chiozza and Brandone Francis this season, so the Gators’ newest commit won’t lack for competition. Allen joins 6-foot-9 forward/center Kevarrius Hayes in Florida’s 2015 recruiting class.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 2
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)