Apr 30, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
Florida landed its second commitment in the 2015 class Wednesday night, with multiple outlets reporting that 6-foot-3 guard KeVaughn Allen made his pledge to join Billy Donovan’s program. A native of North Little Rock, Ark., Allen is ranked 59th in 247Sports.com’s composite Top 100 list for the 2015 class.
Allen averaged 21.3 points, 6.4 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game as a junior at North Little Rock HS, leading the team to its second consecutive state title. As a result of his play, the athletic guard was named Gatorade State Player of the Year. From a depth chart standpoint by the time Allen arrives in Gainesville, both Michael Frazier II and Eli Carter will be seniors and Kasey Hill will be a junior in 2015.
Florida also adds guards Chris Chiozza and Brandone Francis this season, so the Gators’ newest commit won’t lack for competition. Allen joins 6-foot-9 forward/center Kevarrius Hayes in Florida’s 2015 recruiting class.
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 3
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 1
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 2
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)