Apr 30, 2014, 9:06 AM EDT
Oregon State landed an impact transfer early Wednesday morning as a source confirmed to NBCSports.com that Maryland transfer Nick Faust has signed with the Beavers.
The 6-foot-6 Faust averaged 9.4 points per game in each of his last two seasons for the Terrapins, but saw his shooting percentages drop in his junior year as he shot 38 percent from the field and 30 percent from the three-point line.
If Faust can raise those percentages back up to his sophomore year totals of 40 percent from the field and 35 percent from three-point range, Oregon State could have an impact player on the wing.
Faust has to sit out the 2014-15 season due to NCAA transfer rules before playing his senior season the following year. The Baltimore native was the No. 48 overall prospect in Rivals.com’s 2011 national rankings but never found a rhythm at Maryland as a wing scorer.
Faust has been very consistent in his three seasons at Maryland, however, nearly putting up identical numbers for points, rebounds and assists in a game in all three seasons. Faust has just never broken out as an impact player and will look for a fresh start in the Pac 12.
The junior averaged 9.4 points, 3.7 rebounds, and two assists per game last season.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)