Apr 30, 2014, 9:06 AM EST
Oregon State landed an impact transfer early Wednesday morning as a source confirmed to NBCSports.com that Maryland transfer Nick Faust has signed with the Beavers.
The 6-foot-6 Faust averaged 9.4 points per game in each of his last two seasons for the Terrapins, but saw his shooting percentages drop in his junior year as he shot 38 percent from the field and 30 percent from the three-point line.
If Faust can raise those percentages back up to his sophomore year totals of 40 percent from the field and 35 percent from three-point range, Oregon State could have an impact player on the wing.
Faust has to sit out the 2014-15 season due to NCAA transfer rules before playing his senior season the following year. The Baltimore native was the No. 48 overall prospect in Rivals.com’s 2011 national rankings but never found a rhythm at Maryland as a wing scorer.
Faust has been very consistent in his three seasons at Maryland, however, nearly putting up identical numbers for points, rebounds and assists in a game in all three seasons. Faust has just never broken out as an impact player and will look for a fresh start in the Pac 12.
The junior averaged 9.4 points, 3.7 rebounds, and two assists per game last season.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 1
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)