Apr 30, 2014, 9:06 AM EDT
Oregon State landed an impact transfer early Wednesday morning as a source confirmed to NBCSports.com that Maryland transfer Nick Faust has signed with the Beavers.
The 6-foot-6 Faust averaged 9.4 points per game in each of his last two seasons for the Terrapins, but saw his shooting percentages drop in his junior year as he shot 38 percent from the field and 30 percent from the three-point line.
If Faust can raise those percentages back up to his sophomore year totals of 40 percent from the field and 35 percent from three-point range, Oregon State could have an impact player on the wing.
Faust has to sit out the 2014-15 season due to NCAA transfer rules before playing his senior season the following year. The Baltimore native was the No. 48 overall prospect in Rivals.com’s 2011 national rankings but never found a rhythm at Maryland as a wing scorer.
Faust has been very consistent in his three seasons at Maryland, however, nearly putting up identical numbers for points, rebounds and assists in a game in all three seasons. Faust has just never broken out as an impact player and will look for a fresh start in the Pac 12.
The junior averaged 9.4 points, 3.7 rebounds, and two assists per game last season.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 0
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)