Apr 30, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
Jason Gardner has only been on the job as the head coach at IUPUI for a month, but he has already earned commitments from four transfers.
On Wednesday, Gardner added his fifth transfer commitment. Jordan Pickett, a 6-foot freshman point guard that played in just five games last season, committed to play for the Jaguars. The news was first reported by Kyle Neddenriep.
What’s interesting is that Pickett is actually the third transfer that Gardner has added from Loyola (IL), where he used to be an assistant coach before moving on to Memphis. None of them were stars, so it may not get all that much attention — Pickett played in just five games due to injuries, 6-foot-8 sophomore Matt O’Leary averaged just 4.2 points and 3.0 boards, and Nick Osborne, another 6-foot-8 sophomore, averaged 5.4 points and 4.0 boards — but it is interesting that Gardner is mining a roster that he helped recruit.
The other two transfers that Gardner has added are Leo Svete from Western Michigan and Darell Combs from Eastern Michigan.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)