Apr 30, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
Jason Gardner has only been on the job as the head coach at IUPUI for a month, but he has already earned commitments from four transfers.
On Wednesday, Gardner added his fifth transfer commitment. Jordan Pickett, a 6-foot freshman point guard that played in just five games last season, committed to play for the Jaguars. The news was first reported by Kyle Neddenriep.
What’s interesting is that Pickett is actually the third transfer that Gardner has added from Loyola (IL), where he used to be an assistant coach before moving on to Memphis. None of them were stars, so it may not get all that much attention — Pickett played in just five games due to injuries, 6-foot-8 sophomore Matt O’Leary averaged just 4.2 points and 3.0 boards, and Nick Osborne, another 6-foot-8 sophomore, averaged 5.4 points and 4.0 boards — but it is interesting that Gardner is mining a roster that he helped recruit.
The other two transfers that Gardner has added are Leo Svete from Western Michigan and Darell Combs from Eastern Michigan.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 3
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)