Apr 30, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
Jason Gardner has only been on the job as the head coach at IUPUI for a month, but he has already earned commitments from four transfers.
On Wednesday, Gardner added his fifth transfer commitment. Jordan Pickett, a 6-foot freshman point guard that played in just five games last season, committed to play for the Jaguars. The news was first reported by Kyle Neddenriep.
What’s interesting is that Pickett is actually the third transfer that Gardner has added from Loyola (IL), where he used to be an assistant coach before moving on to Memphis. None of them were stars, so it may not get all that much attention — Pickett played in just five games due to injuries, 6-foot-8 sophomore Matt O’Leary averaged just 4.2 points and 3.0 boards, and Nick Osborne, another 6-foot-8 sophomore, averaged 5.4 points and 4.0 boards — but it is interesting that Gardner is mining a roster that he helped recruit.
The other two transfers that Gardner has added are Leo Svete from Western Michigan and Darell Combs from Eastern Michigan.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)