May 1, 2014, 10:52 PM EDT
UCF head coach Donnie Jones landed his second commitment in the Knights’ 2015 recruiting class Thursday night, as shooting guard Chance McSpadden announced via his Twitter account that he has committed to the American Athletic Conference school. McSpadden’s hails from Winter Park, Fla., where he averaged 19.4 points, 6.8 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game as a junior at Winter Park High School.
A 6-foot-5 shooting guard, McSpadden plays his grassroots basketball with the Nike Team Florida program and he joins power forward Chad Brown as 2015 prospects who have committed to UCF. In a story written by Franz Beard of Gator Country back in late February, McSpadden stated that Florida, UCF and USF were recruiting him the hardest at that point in time.
The backcourt is an area where the Knights will be in need of a boost moving forward, with the versatile Isaiah Sykes (17.2 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 3.5 apg) and Calvin Newell Jr. (10.1, 2.3, 3.9) both out of eligibility. This summer UCF adds three-star shooting guard Adonys Henriquez among its three commitments (guard B.J. Taylor and forward Terrell Miller being the others).
The addition of McSpadden gives UCF a player capable of attacking the basket while also being a solid perimeter shooter.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)