May 1, 2014, 12:52 AM EDT
While the news that Missouri head coach Kim Anderson would be retaining Tim Fuller as one of his assistants was important, given Fuller’s reputation as a recruiter, the new head coach had two other spots on his coaching staff to fill. And according to Steve Walentik of the Columbia Tribune Anderson will add a familiar face to his staff, with Brad Loos confirming that he’ll make the move from Central Missouri.
Loos, whose father Dave is the head coach at Austin Peay, was a member of Anderson’s staff at Missouri for 12 seasons, serving as Anderson’s associate head coach the last five. According to Walentik, Loos was considering making a run at the Central Missouri coaching vacancy before deciding to join his longtime boss in Columbia.
Loos was part of a staff that helped lead Central Missouri to three Division II Final Four appearances and a national title in 2013-14. The program also won at least a share of six regular season conference titles and making seven Division II NCAA tournament appearances. With these two hires Anderson’s managed to retain a coach familiar with the current roster (Fuller), while also adding a coach familiar with the way he wants things done (Loos).
And as a result of Wednesday’s developments, Anderson has just one assistant coaching vacancy left to fill on his staff.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)