May 1, 2014, 12:52 AM EST
While the news that Missouri head coach Kim Anderson would be retaining Tim Fuller as one of his assistants was important, given Fuller’s reputation as a recruiter, the new head coach had two other spots on his coaching staff to fill. And according to Steve Walentik of the Columbia Tribune Anderson will add a familiar face to his staff, with Brad Loos confirming that he’ll make the move from Central Missouri.
Loos, whose father Dave is the head coach at Austin Peay, was a member of Anderson’s staff at Missouri for 12 seasons, serving as Anderson’s associate head coach the last five. According to Walentik, Loos was considering making a run at the Central Missouri coaching vacancy before deciding to join his longtime boss in Columbia.
Loos was part of a staff that helped lead Central Missouri to three Division II Final Four appearances and a national title in 2013-14. The program also won at least a share of six regular season conference titles and making seven Division II NCAA tournament appearances. With these two hires Anderson’s managed to retain a coach familiar with the current roster (Fuller), while also adding a coach familiar with the way he wants things done (Loos).
And as a result of Wednesday’s developments, Anderson has just one assistant coaching vacancy left to fill on his staff.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 1
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)