May 1, 2014, 12:52 AM EDT
While the news that Missouri head coach Kim Anderson would be retaining Tim Fuller as one of his assistants was important, given Fuller’s reputation as a recruiter, the new head coach had two other spots on his coaching staff to fill. And according to Steve Walentik of the Columbia Tribune Anderson will add a familiar face to his staff, with Brad Loos confirming that he’ll make the move from Central Missouri.
Loos, whose father Dave is the head coach at Austin Peay, was a member of Anderson’s staff at Missouri for 12 seasons, serving as Anderson’s associate head coach the last five. According to Walentik, Loos was considering making a run at the Central Missouri coaching vacancy before deciding to join his longtime boss in Columbia.
Loos was part of a staff that helped lead Central Missouri to three Division II Final Four appearances and a national title in 2013-14. The program also won at least a share of six regular season conference titles and making seven Division II NCAA tournament appearances. With these two hires Anderson’s managed to retain a coach familiar with the current roster (Fuller), while also adding a coach familiar with the way he wants things done (Loos).
And as a result of Wednesday’s developments, Anderson has just one assistant coaching vacancy left to fill on his staff.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)