May 1, 2014, 12:52 AM EDT
While the news that Missouri head coach Kim Anderson would be retaining Tim Fuller as one of his assistants was important, given Fuller’s reputation as a recruiter, the new head coach had two other spots on his coaching staff to fill. And according to Steve Walentik of the Columbia Tribune Anderson will add a familiar face to his staff, with Brad Loos confirming that he’ll make the move from Central Missouri.
Loos, whose father Dave is the head coach at Austin Peay, was a member of Anderson’s staff at Missouri for 12 seasons, serving as Anderson’s associate head coach the last five. According to Walentik, Loos was considering making a run at the Central Missouri coaching vacancy before deciding to join his longtime boss in Columbia.
Loos was part of a staff that helped lead Central Missouri to three Division II Final Four appearances and a national title in 2013-14. The program also won at least a share of six regular season conference titles and making seven Division II NCAA tournament appearances. With these two hires Anderson’s managed to retain a coach familiar with the current roster (Fuller), while also adding a coach familiar with the way he wants things done (Loos).
And as a result of Wednesday’s developments, Anderson has just one assistant coaching vacancy left to fill on his staff.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)