May 1, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
The good news keeps rolling in for Missouri.
On Wednesday afternoon, the program announced that they would be retaining associate head coach and elite recruiter Tim Fuller on staff, a hold over from Frank Haith’s tenure. Fuller landed his first win on the recruiting trail on Wednesday as well, as KansasCity.com is reporting that Jakeenan Gant will not ask out of his letter of intent.
Gant, who is from Georgia, was the No. 52 recruit in the class of 2014, and while the Tigers are still waiting to hear from Namon Wright, keeping Gant around means that new head coach Kim Anderson will have a solid core to build on. Wes Clark, Johnathan Williams III, Ryan Rosburg and Shane Rector are among the returnees while Baylor transfer and former top 50 recruit Deuce Bello will be eligible to play this season.
It will be interesting to see how the pieces come together, but there is talent on this roster for Anderson to work with.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)