May 1, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
The good news keeps rolling in for Missouri.
On Wednesday afternoon, the program announced that they would be retaining associate head coach and elite recruiter Tim Fuller on staff, a hold over from Frank Haith’s tenure. Fuller landed his first win on the recruiting trail on Wednesday as well, as KansasCity.com is reporting that Jakeenan Gant will not ask out of his letter of intent.
Gant, who is from Georgia, was the No. 52 recruit in the class of 2014, and while the Tigers are still waiting to hear from Namon Wright, keeping Gant around means that new head coach Kim Anderson will have a solid core to build on. Wes Clark, Johnathan Williams III, Ryan Rosburg and Shane Rector are among the returnees while Baylor transfer and former top 50 recruit Deuce Bello will be eligible to play this season.
It will be interesting to see how the pieces come together, but there is talent on this roster for Anderson to work with.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)