May 1, 2014, 9:40 AM EST
The good news keeps rolling in for Missouri.
On Wednesday afternoon, the program announced that they would be retaining associate head coach and elite recruiter Tim Fuller on staff, a hold over from Frank Haith’s tenure. Fuller landed his first win on the recruiting trail on Wednesday as well, as KansasCity.com is reporting that Jakeenan Gant will not ask out of his letter of intent.
Gant, who is from Georgia, was the No. 52 recruit in the class of 2014, and while the Tigers are still waiting to hear from Namon Wright, keeping Gant around means that new head coach Kim Anderson will have a solid core to build on. Wes Clark, Johnathan Williams III, Ryan Rosburg and Shane Rector are among the returnees while Baylor transfer and former top 50 recruit Deuce Bello will be eligible to play this season.
It will be interesting to see how the pieces come together, but there is talent on this roster for Anderson to work with.
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)