May 1, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
The good news keeps rolling in for Missouri.
On Wednesday afternoon, the program announced that they would be retaining associate head coach and elite recruiter Tim Fuller on staff, a hold over from Frank Haith’s tenure. Fuller landed his first win on the recruiting trail on Wednesday as well, as KansasCity.com is reporting that Jakeenan Gant will not ask out of his letter of intent.
Gant, who is from Georgia, was the No. 52 recruit in the class of 2014, and while the Tigers are still waiting to hear from Namon Wright, keeping Gant around means that new head coach Kim Anderson will have a solid core to build on. Wes Clark, Johnathan Williams III, Ryan Rosburg and Shane Rector are among the returnees while Baylor transfer and former top 50 recruit Deuce Bello will be eligible to play this season.
It will be interesting to see how the pieces come together, but there is talent on this roster for Anderson to work with.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)