May 1, 2014, 11:59 PM EDT
With guards Buddy Hield, Isaiah Cousins and Jordan Woodard all due back on campus next season, Oklahoma head coach Lon Kruger has a talented core of perimeter players to work with as he looks to lead the Sooners to another NCAA tournament appearance. However with the departure of Je’lon Hornbeak, who decided to transfer after the season came to an end, there was room for another body to add some depth in the backcourt.
Thursday night that area was addressed, as 6-foot-2 guard Dinjiyl Walker tweeted that he has signed with Oklahoma. Walker, a native of Vaughan, Ontario, averaged 16.0 points, 3.9 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game at Iowa Western CC this past season.
Walker scored a season-high 30 points in a win over Moberly Area CC in early March, and on the season he shot 41.8% from the field and 39.5% from beyond the arc. A combo guard who can contribute at either position, Walker is Oklahoma’s fifth commitment in the 2014 class. And he’s the second junior college guard added by Kruger this offseason, with point guard Giovanni McLean being the other.
Oklahoma’s other 2014 commitments are front court players, which will help given the loss of both Cameron Clark and Tyler Neal. All three of those newcomers are at least 6-foot-7, with the group consisting of forwards Dante Buford and Khadeem Lattin and center Jamuni McNease.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)