May 1, 2014, 11:59 PM EST
With guards Buddy Hield, Isaiah Cousins and Jordan Woodard all due back on campus next season, Oklahoma head coach Lon Kruger has a talented core of perimeter players to work with as he looks to lead the Sooners to another NCAA tournament appearance. However with the departure of Je’lon Hornbeak, who decided to transfer after the season came to an end, there was room for another body to add some depth in the backcourt.
Thursday night that area was addressed, as 6-foot-2 guard Dinjiyl Walker tweeted that he has signed with Oklahoma. Walker, a native of Vaughan, Ontario, averaged 16.0 points, 3.9 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game at Iowa Western CC this past season.
Walker scored a season-high 30 points in a win over Moberly Area CC in early March, and on the season he shot 41.8% from the field and 39.5% from beyond the arc. A combo guard who can contribute at either position, Walker is Oklahoma’s fifth commitment in the 2014 class. And he’s the second junior college guard added by Kruger this offseason, with point guard Giovanni McLean being the other.
Oklahoma’s other 2014 commitments are front court players, which will help given the loss of both Cameron Clark and Tyler Neal. All three of those newcomers are at least 6-foot-7, with the group consisting of forwards Dante Buford and Khadeem Lattin and center Jamuni McNease.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)
- Jerian Grant turns back fans trying to storm the floor after Duke win (GIF) (4)