May 1, 2014, 12:59 PM EST
Shelton Mitchell, the No. 76 player in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals, has asked for and been granted a release by Wake Forest from his letter of intent.
Mitchell, a four-star point guard, was the most highly-regarded recruit that Jeff Bzdelik landed during his tenure in Winston-Salem, but with the coaching change that came down this month, Mitchell has decided to reopen his recruitment.
It’s unclear where Mitchell will end up going or if there will be any restrictions on his recruitment, but according to the head coach at Oak Hill Academy, he’s not expected to look at any ACC school. He’s currently recovering from a meniscus tear.
Here is Eric Bossi on Rivals.com on Mitchell: “Sturdy point guard is a good decision maker, has excellent size and plays a balanced game. Doesn’t force much and uses his strength to hold off defenders. Point guards with quickness who like to drive will be something he has to adjust to in college.”
This news comes a couple weeks after it was announced that Arnaud William Adala Moto would be transferring out of the program.
Danny Manning, the former head coach at Tulsa, replaced Bzdelik.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)
- Jerian Grant turns back fans trying to storm the floor after Duke win (GIF) (4)