May 1, 2014, 2:09 PM EST
Washington transfer Desmond Simmons will be headed to St. Mary’s next season, according to a report from CBSSports.com.
Simmons averaged 5.2 points and 4.6 boards as a junior. He will be eligible for the Gaels immediately, which is terrific news for Randy Bennett’s club. They already added Stanford transfer Aaron Bright, who will start at lead guard in place of Stephen Holt, and return all-WCC big man Brad Waldow.
Simmons won’t replace Beau Levesque, but the size that he will bring inside will allow the Gaels to matchup that much better with a Gonzaga team that will have a pair of seven-footers on their front line.
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 1
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)