May 1, 2014, 2:09 PM EDT
Washington transfer Desmond Simmons will be headed to St. Mary’s next season, according to a report from CBSSports.com.
Simmons averaged 5.2 points and 4.6 boards as a junior. He will be eligible for the Gaels immediately, which is terrific news for Randy Bennett’s club. They already added Stanford transfer Aaron Bright, who will start at lead guard in place of Stephen Holt, and return all-WCC big man Brad Waldow.
Simmons won’t replace Beau Levesque, but the size that he will bring inside will allow the Gaels to matchup that much better with a Gonzaga team that will have a pair of seven-footers on their front line.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)