May 1, 2014, 2:09 PM EST
Washington transfer Desmond Simmons will be headed to St. Mary’s next season, according to a report from CBSSports.com.
Simmons averaged 5.2 points and 4.6 boards as a junior. He will be eligible for the Gaels immediately, which is terrific news for Randy Bennett’s club. They already added Stanford transfer Aaron Bright, who will start at lead guard in place of Stephen Holt, and return all-WCC big man Brad Waldow.
Simmons won’t replace Beau Levesque, but the size that he will bring inside will allow the Gaels to matchup that much better with a Gonzaga team that will have a pair of seven-footers on their front line.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)