May 1, 2014, 2:09 PM EDT
Washington transfer Desmond Simmons will be headed to St. Mary’s next season, according to a report from CBSSports.com.
Simmons averaged 5.2 points and 4.6 boards as a junior. He will be eligible for the Gaels immediately, which is terrific news for Randy Bennett’s club. They already added Stanford transfer Aaron Bright, who will start at lead guard in place of Stephen Holt, and return all-WCC big man Brad Waldow.
Simmons won’t replace Beau Levesque, but the size that he will bring inside will allow the Gaels to matchup that much better with a Gonzaga team that will have a pair of seven-footers on their front line.
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)