May 1, 2014, 2:09 PM EDT
Washington transfer Desmond Simmons will be headed to St. Mary’s next season, according to a report from CBSSports.com.
Simmons averaged 5.2 points and 4.6 boards as a junior. He will be eligible for the Gaels immediately, which is terrific news for Randy Bennett’s club. They already added Stanford transfer Aaron Bright, who will start at lead guard in place of Stephen Holt, and return all-WCC big man Brad Waldow.
Simmons won’t replace Beau Levesque, but the size that he will bring inside will allow the Gaels to matchup that much better with a Gonzaga team that will have a pair of seven-footers on their front line.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)