May 1, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
A couple weeks after Buzz Williams made the decision to leave Marquette for Virginia Tech, highly regarded 2015 point guard Nick Noskowiak made the decision to reopen his recruitment. A Top 50 prospect in the eyes of many major scouting services, Noskowiak became a popular player due to his ability to both shoot and distribute the basketball.
Schools such as Illinois, Xavier, UNLV and Virginia Tech offered the guard (Iowa State was also in the mix), with new Marquette head coach Steve Wojciechowski also working to remain in the mix. And the new head coach’s hard work has paid off, as Noskowiak announced via his Twitter account that he has recommitted to the Marquette program.
That’s certainly good news for Marquette, which will lose transfer Matt Carlino (graduate) and Derrick Wilson (senior) at the point guard position at the conclusion of the 2014-15 campaign. And with Todd Mayo also having jus one season left to play, adding a player of Noskowiak’s caliber is an important boost and a very good recruiting victory for Wojciechowski and his coaching staff.
Noskowiak averaged 20 points per game as a high school junior, helping lead Sun Prairie (Wis.) High School to the WIAA sectional final.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)