May 1, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
A couple weeks after Buzz Williams made the decision to leave Marquette for Virginia Tech, highly regarded 2015 point guard Nick Noskowiak made the decision to reopen his recruitment. A Top 50 prospect in the eyes of many major scouting services, Noskowiak became a popular player due to his ability to both shoot and distribute the basketball.
Schools such as Illinois, Xavier, UNLV and Virginia Tech offered the guard (Iowa State was also in the mix), with new Marquette head coach Steve Wojciechowski also working to remain in the mix. And the new head coach’s hard work has paid off, as Noskowiak announced via his Twitter account that he has recommitted to the Marquette program.
That’s certainly good news for Marquette, which will lose transfer Matt Carlino (graduate) and Derrick Wilson (senior) at the point guard position at the conclusion of the 2014-15 campaign. And with Todd Mayo also having jus one season left to play, adding a player of Noskowiak’s caliber is an important boost and a very good recruiting victory for Wojciechowski and his coaching staff.
Noskowiak averaged 20 points per game as a high school junior, helping lead Sun Prairie (Wis.) High School to the WIAA sectional final.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)