May 1, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
A couple weeks after Buzz Williams made the decision to leave Marquette for Virginia Tech, highly regarded 2015 point guard Nick Noskowiak made the decision to reopen his recruitment. A Top 50 prospect in the eyes of many major scouting services, Noskowiak became a popular player due to his ability to both shoot and distribute the basketball.
Schools such as Illinois, Xavier, UNLV and Virginia Tech offered the guard (Iowa State was also in the mix), with new Marquette head coach Steve Wojciechowski also working to remain in the mix. And the new head coach’s hard work has paid off, as Noskowiak announced via his Twitter account that he has recommitted to the Marquette program.
That’s certainly good news for Marquette, which will lose transfer Matt Carlino (graduate) and Derrick Wilson (senior) at the point guard position at the conclusion of the 2014-15 campaign. And with Todd Mayo also having jus one season left to play, adding a player of Noskowiak’s caliber is an important boost and a very good recruiting victory for Wojciechowski and his coaching staff.
Noskowiak averaged 20 points per game as a high school junior, helping lead Sun Prairie (Wis.) High School to the WIAA sectional final.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)