May 1, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
A couple weeks after Buzz Williams made the decision to leave Marquette for Virginia Tech, highly regarded 2015 point guard Nick Noskowiak made the decision to reopen his recruitment. A Top 50 prospect in the eyes of many major scouting services, Noskowiak became a popular player due to his ability to both shoot and distribute the basketball.
Schools such as Illinois, Xavier, UNLV and Virginia Tech offered the guard (Iowa State was also in the mix), with new Marquette head coach Steve Wojciechowski also working to remain in the mix. And the new head coach’s hard work has paid off, as Noskowiak announced via his Twitter account that he has recommitted to the Marquette program.
That’s certainly good news for Marquette, which will lose transfer Matt Carlino (graduate) and Derrick Wilson (senior) at the point guard position at the conclusion of the 2014-15 campaign. And with Todd Mayo also having jus one season left to play, adding a player of Noskowiak’s caliber is an important boost and a very good recruiting victory for Wojciechowski and his coaching staff.
Noskowiak averaged 20 points per game as a high school junior, helping lead Sun Prairie (Wis.) High School to the WIAA sectional final.
- Gregg Marshall to remain at Wichita State, won’t visit Alabama 0
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 5
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)