May 1, 2014, 8:11 PM EST
A couple weeks after Buzz Williams made the decision to leave Marquette for Virginia Tech, highly regarded 2015 point guard Nick Noskowiak made the decision to reopen his recruitment. A Top 50 prospect in the eyes of many major scouting services, Noskowiak became a popular player due to his ability to both shoot and distribute the basketball.
Schools such as Illinois, Xavier, UNLV and Virginia Tech offered the guard (Iowa State was also in the mix), with new Marquette head coach Steve Wojciechowski also working to remain in the mix. And the new head coach’s hard work has paid off, as Noskowiak announced via his Twitter account that he has recommitted to the Marquette program.
That’s certainly good news for Marquette, which will lose transfer Matt Carlino (graduate) and Derrick Wilson (senior) at the point guard position at the conclusion of the 2014-15 campaign. And with Todd Mayo also having jus one season left to play, adding a player of Noskowiak’s caliber is an important boost and a very good recruiting victory for Wojciechowski and his coaching staff.
Noskowiak averaged 20 points per game as a high school junior, helping lead Sun Prairie (Wis.) High School to the WIAA sectional final.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 0
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)