May 1, 2014, 4:57 PM EDT
In recent years the offseason has afforded programs the opportunity to undergo a makeover of sorts, whether it’s with new uniforms of the increasingly popular court remodeling. On Thursday Washington joined the ranks, releasing a picture of its new floor at Alaska Airlines Arena. The feature that immediately catches the eye: a silhouette of the Seattle skyline that runs from one baseline to the other.
It’s a very nice design, one that’s simple but does have its own “Washington” touch with the skyline. There’s also the contrasting shades within the three-point arc, with the area inside of the key being a much lighter shade. Washington’s won 946 games in this building, and the hope is that Lorenzo Romar’s squad will be able to return to the NCAA tournament after missing out in each of the last three seasons.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)