May 2, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Oklahoma State recently lost top-100 prospect and guard signee Jared Terrell, as Terrell opted out of his NLI, but the Cowboys appeared to find his replacement in the 2014 recruiting class as the Cowboys took a commitment from shooting guard Tavarius Shine on Friday.
The news of Shine’s commitment to Oklahoma State was first reported by Jamie Shaw of Phenom Hoops Report.
The 6-foot-5 Shine was doing a post grad season at Fork Union Military Academy and took a spring visit to Tulane while also drawing interest from Michigan and Rutgers before committing to Oklahoma State. Shine is considered a three-star prospect according to Rivals.com.
Shine is the sixth member of Oklahoma State’s 2014 recruiting class and joins junior-college transfers Anthony Allen and Jeff Newberry, as well as incoming freshmen Joe Burton, Tyree Griffin and Mitchell Solomon.
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 0
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)