May 2, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Oklahoma State recently lost top-100 prospect and guard signee Jared Terrell, as Terrell opted out of his NLI, but the Cowboys appeared to find his replacement in the 2014 recruiting class as the Cowboys took a commitment from shooting guard Tavarius Shine on Friday.
The news of Shine’s commitment to Oklahoma State was first reported by Jamie Shaw of Phenom Hoops Report.
The 6-foot-5 Shine was doing a post grad season at Fork Union Military Academy and took a spring visit to Tulane while also drawing interest from Michigan and Rutgers before committing to Oklahoma State. Shine is considered a three-star prospect according to Rivals.com.
Shine is the sixth member of Oklahoma State’s 2014 recruiting class and joins junior-college transfers Anthony Allen and Jeff Newberry, as well as incoming freshmen Joe Burton, Tyree Griffin and Mitchell Solomon.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)