May 2, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Pepperdine lost one of its key scorers from last season on Friday when the program announced that junior guard Malcolm Brooks is leaving the program.
Brooks played one season for the Waves and averaged 10.3 points per game after transferring from Lamar Community College. A native of Brooklyn, the 6-foot-5 Brooks will have one year of eligibility remaining.
“Malcolm is a quality young man and we’re sorry that he won’t be back. I expect he will try to play his final year closer to home,” Pepperdine head coach Marty Wilson said via Twitter.
Brooks also averaged 2.6 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game on 45 percent shooting from the field and 39 percent shooting from three-point range in the 2013-14 season.
Pepperdine now loses two of its top three leading scorers in Brooks and senior forward Brendan Lane, but return leading scorer Stacy Davis next season.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 1
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)