May 3, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
Iowa and head coach Fran McCaffery landed an in-state commitment late this week as 6-foot-7 forward Cordell Pemsl committed to the Hawkeyes.
The lefty forward from Walhert High School in Dubuque, Iowa confirmed his pledge to Iowa via Twitter.
Iowa offered Pemsl a scholarship just last week and the forward picked the Hawkeyes over offers from Creighton and Northern Iowa. For McCaffery and Iowa to keep talented Iowa players home is a big step in maintaining the program’s recent success.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)