May 3, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
Iowa and head coach Fran McCaffery landed an in-state commitment late this week as 6-foot-7 forward Cordell Pemsl committed to the Hawkeyes.
The lefty forward from Walhert High School in Dubuque, Iowa confirmed his pledge to Iowa via Twitter.
Iowa offered Pemsl a scholarship just last week and the forward picked the Hawkeyes over offers from Creighton and Northern Iowa. For McCaffery and Iowa to keep talented Iowa players home is a big step in maintaining the program’s recent success.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)