May 3, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Over the years the Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions has hosted some of the best players to play at the college level. And in this year’s event one of the top players is 2015 guard Antonio Blakeney, a Top 25 shooting guard from Sarasota, Fla. who holds offers from programs such as Florida, Florida State, Kansas and Louisville.
During Saturday’s action Blakeney was able to get out on the break and the results were exciting to say the least as he finished the dunk over an opponent, sending the crowd into hysterics. Blakeney’s a name to keep in mind as we move towards the all-important July open periods, as he’ll be the focus of many of the nation’s top programs.
Video Credit: Ball is Life
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)