May 3, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
South Florida and new head coach Orlando Antigua picked up some new additions late this week as the Bulls signed junior college wing Nehemias Morillo and received a verbal commitment from high school center Ruben Guerrero.
Morillo is a 6-foot-6 wing originally from the Dominican Republic but he spent the past two seasons playing at Monroe College in The Bronx. Morillo averaged 12.2 points and four assists last season as a sophomore at Monroe.
“Nehemias is a really long versatile wing that can play multiple positions,” Antigua said in the release. “He’s a skilled, aggressive and athletic guard. We are extremely excited to have him join our family.”
Guerrero is a 6-foot-10 center from Sunrise Christian Academy in Bel Aire, Kansas and is a native of Spain. The center took an official visit to South Florida two weeks ago and picked the Bulls over George Mason and Houston.
Guerrero and Morillo join a pair of shooting guards in Troy Holston and Dinero Mercurius in Antigua’s first class at South Florida.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)