May 3, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
South Florida and new head coach Orlando Antigua picked up some new additions late this week as the Bulls signed junior college wing Nehemias Morillo and received a verbal commitment from high school center Ruben Guerrero.
Morillo is a 6-foot-6 wing originally from the Dominican Republic but he spent the past two seasons playing at Monroe College in The Bronx. Morillo averaged 12.2 points and four assists last season as a sophomore at Monroe.
“Nehemias is a really long versatile wing that can play multiple positions,” Antigua said in the release. “He’s a skilled, aggressive and athletic guard. We are extremely excited to have him join our family.”
Guerrero is a 6-foot-10 center from Sunrise Christian Academy in Bel Aire, Kansas and is a native of Spain. The center took an official visit to South Florida two weeks ago and picked the Bulls over George Mason and Houston.
Guerrero and Morillo join a pair of shooting guards in Troy Holston and Dinero Mercurius in Antigua’s first class at South Florida.
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 0
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)