May 3, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
South Florida and new head coach Orlando Antigua picked up some new additions late this week as the Bulls signed junior college wing Nehemias Morillo and received a verbal commitment from high school center Ruben Guerrero.
Morillo is a 6-foot-6 wing originally from the Dominican Republic but he spent the past two seasons playing at Monroe College in The Bronx. Morillo averaged 12.2 points and four assists last season as a sophomore at Monroe.
“Nehemias is a really long versatile wing that can play multiple positions,” Antigua said in the release. “He’s a skilled, aggressive and athletic guard. We are extremely excited to have him join our family.”
Guerrero is a 6-foot-10 center from Sunrise Christian Academy in Bel Aire, Kansas and is a native of Spain. The center took an official visit to South Florida two weeks ago and picked the Bulls over George Mason and Houston.
Guerrero and Morillo join a pair of shooting guards in Troy Holston and Dinero Mercurius in Antigua’s first class at South Florida.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)