May 3, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
South Florida and new head coach Orlando Antigua picked up some new additions late this week as the Bulls signed junior college wing Nehemias Morillo and received a verbal commitment from high school center Ruben Guerrero.
Morillo is a 6-foot-6 wing originally from the Dominican Republic but he spent the past two seasons playing at Monroe College in The Bronx. Morillo averaged 12.2 points and four assists last season as a sophomore at Monroe.
“Nehemias is a really long versatile wing that can play multiple positions,” Antigua said in the release. “He’s a skilled, aggressive and athletic guard. We are extremely excited to have him join our family.”
Guerrero is a 6-foot-10 center from Sunrise Christian Academy in Bel Aire, Kansas and is a native of Spain. The center took an official visit to South Florida two weeks ago and picked the Bulls over George Mason and Houston.
Guerrero and Morillo join a pair of shooting guards in Troy Holston and Dinero Mercurius in Antigua’s first class at South Florida.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)