May 3, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
South Florida and new head coach Orlando Antigua picked up some new additions late this week as the Bulls signed junior college wing Nehemias Morillo and received a verbal commitment from high school center Ruben Guerrero.
Morillo is a 6-foot-6 wing originally from the Dominican Republic but he spent the past two seasons playing at Monroe College in The Bronx. Morillo averaged 12.2 points and four assists last season as a sophomore at Monroe.
“Nehemias is a really long versatile wing that can play multiple positions,” Antigua said in the release. “He’s a skilled, aggressive and athletic guard. We are extremely excited to have him join our family.”
Guerrero is a 6-foot-10 center from Sunrise Christian Academy in Bel Aire, Kansas and is a native of Spain. The center took an official visit to South Florida two weeks ago and picked the Bulls over George Mason and Houston.
Guerrero and Morillo join a pair of shooting guards in Troy Holston and Dinero Mercurius in Antigua’s first class at South Florida.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)