May 4, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Louisville redshirt freshman center Mangok Mathiang was arrested on Friday night, according to court documents.
The news was first reported by Danielle Lama of WDRB.com.
Mathiang, 21, was charged with public drinking and failing to disperse. Mathiang’s friend was arrested, and after being warned several times to leave the area, he continued to follow police down the street. Mathiang had a Bud Light can in hand, which he dropped on the ground, according to the report.
He was not cited for public intoxication.
Mathiang averaged 3.6 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in 14.7 minutes per game this past season for the Cardinals.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)