May 4, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
Louisville redshirt freshman center Mangok Mathiang was arrested on Friday night, according to court documents.
The news was first reported by Danielle Lama of WDRB.com.
Mathiang, 21, was charged with public drinking and failing to disperse. Mathiang’s friend was arrested, and after being warned several times to leave the area, he continued to follow police down the street. Mathiang had a Bud Light can in hand, which he dropped on the ground, according to the report.
He was not cited for public intoxication.
Mathiang averaged 3.6 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in 14.7 minutes per game this past season for the Cardinals.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)