May 4, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Louisville redshirt freshman center Mangok Mathiang was arrested on Friday night, according to court documents.
The news was first reported by Danielle Lama of WDRB.com.
Mathiang, 21, was charged with public drinking and failing to disperse. Mathiang’s friend was arrested, and after being warned several times to leave the area, he continued to follow police down the street. Mathiang had a Bud Light can in hand, which he dropped on the ground, according to the report.
He was not cited for public intoxication.
Mathiang averaged 3.6 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in 14.7 minutes per game this past season for the Cardinals.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)