May 4, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Louisville redshirt freshman center Mangok Mathiang was arrested on Friday night, according to court documents.
The news was first reported by Danielle Lama of WDRB.com.
Mathiang, 21, was charged with public drinking and failing to disperse. Mathiang’s friend was arrested, and after being warned several times to leave the area, he continued to follow police down the street. Mathiang had a Bud Light can in hand, which he dropped on the ground, according to the report.
He was not cited for public intoxication.
Mathiang averaged 3.6 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in 14.7 minutes per game this past season for the Cardinals.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 2
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)