May 4, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Kim Anderson has seen early success by retaining assistant coach Tim Fuller and prized recruit Jakeenan Gant. He added to that hot start by landing three-star small forward D’Angelo Allen on Sunday afternoon.
Earlier on Sunday, however, Ronnie Suggs, a 2015 Missouri commit, announced has reopened his recruitment, according to a tweet from Earl Austin Jr.
The Washington High (Mo.) guard committed to the Tigers last August as a member of the Class of 2014, though, he had always intended on delaying his enrollment in the university until the following year.
He is listed as a two-star recruit, according to Rivals, picking Mizzou over offers from Duquesne, Saint Louis, VCU and Xavier. Suggs’ older brother, Scott, played for Lorenzo Romar at Washington.
Suggs committed to Mizzou with Frank Haith as the head coach. Haith wasn’t known for recruiting local talent, mainly relying on transfers. That is likely to change under Anderson, a Missouri native, who has strong ties to high school teams around the state.
Anderson’s goal on the recruiting trail is to keep the talent in-state. That specific strategy didn’t work with the Haith commit, though, there is plenty of local talent the Tigers will surely have their eyes on, such as four-star 2015 point guard Jimmy Whitt and Jayson Tatum, a top-5 player in the Class of 2016.
And as we saw later on Sunday, Anderson has the ability to bring recruits in to Columbia.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)