May 4, 2014, 2:12 PM EDT
Kim Anderson is doing just fine in his first week as a Division I head coach.
On Sunday afternoon, the new Missouri head coach secured his first commit, landing Kimball High (Texas) 2014 small forward D’Angelo Allen. The 6-foot-6 recruit had been in Columbia on a visit this weekend.
He pledged to Mizzou over offers from Arkansas, Georgetown, Marquette, Oklahoma, Oregon, Providence and Texas A&M. He is a three-star prospect, according to Rivals, and joins an incoming class that includes the No. 52 overall recruit Jakeenan Gant. Four-star guard Namon Wright has reportedly asked out of his National Letter of Intent.
Anderson is making the transition from a successful career at Division II Central Missouri to his alma mater, and so far he has given Mizzou fans plenty of encouraging signs. In a week on the job, he has kept Tim Fuller on staff, and received word that Gant would not ask out of his National Letter of Intent earlier this week.
Mizzou’s incoming class also includes Baylor transfer Deuce Bello and Notre Dame forward Cam Biedscheid, who is eligible after the fall semester.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)