May 5, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Brandon Austin and Damyean Dotson is no longer with the Oregon basketball program, the school announced on Monday afternoon.
It had previously been reported that sophomore point guard Dominic Artis was transferring out of the program, and the school sent out a release stating that both players are “not currently participating in any team activities.”
Austin is a 6-foot-7 point guard from Philly that was ranked in the top 100 in the Class of 2013, according to Rivals. He spent his first semester at Providence before transferring out of the program at the semester break. The Wall Street Journal reported that he was under investigation for a sexual assault.
Dotson saw his production drop as a sophomore, to 9.4 points, after a promising freshman campaign, but he was a key contributor off the bench with his ability to defend.
If Dotson and Austin don’t return to the team, they will become the fourth and fifth transfers out of the program since the season ended. Ben Carter transferred to UNLV back in April and A.J. LaPray transferred to Pepperdine. Between graduation and players transferring, Oregon now has just four players on their roster that remain in good standing with the program, and only two — Joseph Young and Elgin Cook — were contributors last season.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)