May 5, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Brandon Austin and Damyean Dotson is no longer with the Oregon basketball program, the school announced on Monday afternoon.
It had previously been reported that sophomore point guard Dominic Artis was transferring out of the program, and the school sent out a release stating that both players are “not currently participating in any team activities.”
Austin is a 6-foot-7 point guard from Philly that was ranked in the top 100 in the Class of 2013, according to Rivals. He spent his first semester at Providence before transferring out of the program at the semester break. The Wall Street Journal reported that he was under investigation for a sexual assault.
Dotson saw his production drop as a sophomore, to 9.4 points, after a promising freshman campaign, but he was a key contributor off the bench with his ability to defend.
If Dotson and Austin don’t return to the team, they will become the fourth and fifth transfers out of the program since the season ended. Ben Carter transferred to UNLV back in April and A.J. LaPray transferred to Pepperdine. Between graduation and players transferring, Oregon now has just four players on their roster that remain in good standing with the program, and only two — Joseph Young and Elgin Cook — were contributors last season.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)