May 5, 2014, 9:36 AM EDT
Oregon State has fired head men’s basketball coach Craig Robinson, according to a report from Sports Illustrated.
Robinson’s tenure with the Beavers ended with a 93-104 record over six seasons, but after finishing 16-16 this past season, Oregon State made the decision to let him go. Robinson finished 39-69 in Pac-12 play.
The most shocking part of this decision in the timing. It’s early May. Oregon State’s season ended a month and a half ago with a loss to Radford in the CBI. Since then, we have already worked through the only spring live-period and Oregon State has not only been on the road recruiting, but Robinson also earned a commitment from Maryland transfer Nick Faust last week.
Robinson, who is the brother of First Lady Michelle Obama, reportedly had three years and more than $4 million left on his contract.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)