May 5, 2014, 9:36 AM EST
Oregon State has fired head men’s basketball coach Craig Robinson, according to a report from Sports Illustrated.
Robinson’s tenure with the Beavers ended with a 93-104 record over six seasons, but after finishing 16-16 this past season, Oregon State made the decision to let him go. Robinson finished 39-69 in Pac-12 play.
The most shocking part of this decision in the timing. It’s early May. Oregon State’s season ended a month and a half ago with a loss to Radford in the CBI. Since then, we have already worked through the only spring live-period and Oregon State has not only been on the road recruiting, but Robinson also earned a commitment from Maryland transfer Nick Faust last week.
Robinson, who is the brother of First Lady Michelle Obama, reportedly had three years and more than $4 million left on his contract.
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- Bubble Banter: St. John’s with a huge win, N.C. State with an ugly loss 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)