May 5, 2014, 9:36 AM EDT
Oregon State has fired head men’s basketball coach Craig Robinson, according to a report from Sports Illustrated.
Robinson’s tenure with the Beavers ended with a 93-104 record over six seasons, but after finishing 16-16 this past season, Oregon State made the decision to let him go. Robinson finished 39-69 in Pac-12 play.
The most shocking part of this decision in the timing. It’s early May. Oregon State’s season ended a month and a half ago with a loss to Radford in the CBI. Since then, we have already worked through the only spring live-period and Oregon State has not only been on the road recruiting, but Robinson also earned a commitment from Maryland transfer Nick Faust last week.
Robinson, who is the brother of First Lady Michelle Obama, reportedly had three years and more than $4 million left on his contract.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)