May 5, 2014, 9:36 AM EDT
Oregon State has fired head men’s basketball coach Craig Robinson, according to a report from Sports Illustrated.
Robinson’s tenure with the Beavers ended with a 93-104 record over six seasons, but after finishing 16-16 this past season, Oregon State made the decision to let him go. Robinson finished 39-69 in Pac-12 play.
The most shocking part of this decision in the timing. It’s early May. Oregon State’s season ended a month and a half ago with a loss to Radford in the CBI. Since then, we have already worked through the only spring live-period and Oregon State has not only been on the road recruiting, but Robinson also earned a commitment from Maryland transfer Nick Faust last week.
Robinson, who is the brother of First Lady Michelle Obama, reportedly had three years and more than $4 million left on his contract.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 1
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)