May 5, 2014, 9:36 AM EDT
Oregon State has fired head men’s basketball coach Craig Robinson, according to a report from Sports Illustrated.
Robinson’s tenure with the Beavers ended with a 93-104 record over six seasons, but after finishing 16-16 this past season, Oregon State made the decision to let him go. Robinson finished 39-69 in Pac-12 play.
The most shocking part of this decision in the timing. It’s early May. Oregon State’s season ended a month and a half ago with a loss to Radford in the CBI. Since then, we have already worked through the only spring live-period and Oregon State has not only been on the road recruiting, but Robinson also earned a commitment from Maryland transfer Nick Faust last week.
Robinson, who is the brother of First Lady Michelle Obama, reportedly had three years and more than $4 million left on his contract.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 3
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)