May 5, 2014, 1:52 PM EST
Larry Brown has landed his second commitment from the Class of 2015, according to a report from Scout.com.
McQuaid is a 6-foot-5 sharpshooter from Duncanville, TX, that is currently ranked No. 75 in the class of 2015, according to Rivals. He joins Sedrick Barefield, a 6-foot-2 point guard from California, as the two commits in the class for the Mustangs.
This all comes a year after Brown landed Emmanuel Mudiay, a top five player in 2014, over Kentucky. The addition of Mudiay, along with the amount of talent that SMU returns next season, is a major reason why SMU is going to find themselves ranked quite high heading into next season.
It’s amazing when you think about it. Brown is 73 years old and heading into his third season at the helm of the program and he already has the Mustangs consistently landing top 100 prospects and heading into next season as a legitimate Final Four contender and the favorite to win the American.
This is SMU we’re talking about!
Think about that.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- Chase for 180: Boise State rebounds from 0-3 conference start thanks to Derrick Marks 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)