May 5, 2014, 1:52 PM EST
Larry Brown has landed his second commitment from the Class of 2015, according to a report from Scout.com.
McQuaid is a 6-foot-5 sharpshooter from Duncanville, TX, that is currently ranked No. 75 in the class of 2015, according to Rivals. He joins Sedrick Barefield, a 6-foot-2 point guard from California, as the two commits in the class for the Mustangs.
This all comes a year after Brown landed Emmanuel Mudiay, a top five player in 2014, over Kentucky. The addition of Mudiay, along with the amount of talent that SMU returns next season, is a major reason why SMU is going to find themselves ranked quite high heading into next season.
It’s amazing when you think about it. Brown is 73 years old and heading into his third season at the helm of the program and he already has the Mustangs consistently landing top 100 prospects and heading into next season as a legitimate Final Four contender and the favorite to win the American.
This is SMU we’re talking about!
Think about that.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)