May 5, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
Larry Brown has landed his second commitment from the Class of 2015, according to a report from Scout.com.
McQuaid is a 6-foot-5 sharpshooter from Duncanville, TX, that is currently ranked No. 75 in the class of 2015, according to Rivals. He joins Sedrick Barefield, a 6-foot-2 point guard from California, as the two commits in the class for the Mustangs.
This all comes a year after Brown landed Emmanuel Mudiay, a top five player in 2014, over Kentucky. The addition of Mudiay, along with the amount of talent that SMU returns next season, is a major reason why SMU is going to find themselves ranked quite high heading into next season.
It’s amazing when you think about it. Brown is 73 years old and heading into his third season at the helm of the program and he already has the Mustangs consistently landing top 100 prospects and heading into next season as a legitimate Final Four contender and the favorite to win the American.
This is SMU we’re talking about!
Think about that.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)