May 5, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
Larry Brown has landed his second commitment from the Class of 2015, according to a report from Scout.com.
McQuaid is a 6-foot-5 sharpshooter from Duncanville, TX, that is currently ranked No. 75 in the class of 2015, according to Rivals. He joins Sedrick Barefield, a 6-foot-2 point guard from California, as the two commits in the class for the Mustangs.
This all comes a year after Brown landed Emmanuel Mudiay, a top five player in 2014, over Kentucky. The addition of Mudiay, along with the amount of talent that SMU returns next season, is a major reason why SMU is going to find themselves ranked quite high heading into next season.
It’s amazing when you think about it. Brown is 73 years old and heading into his third season at the helm of the program and he already has the Mustangs consistently landing top 100 prospects and heading into next season as a legitimate Final Four contender and the favorite to win the American.
This is SMU we’re talking about!
Think about that.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)