May 5, 2014, 1:52 PM EST
Larry Brown has landed his second commitment from the Class of 2015, according to a report from Scout.com.
McQuaid is a 6-foot-5 sharpshooter from Duncanville, TX, that is currently ranked No. 75 in the class of 2015, according to Rivals. He joins Sedrick Barefield, a 6-foot-2 point guard from California, as the two commits in the class for the Mustangs.
This all comes a year after Brown landed Emmanuel Mudiay, a top five player in 2014, over Kentucky. The addition of Mudiay, along with the amount of talent that SMU returns next season, is a major reason why SMU is going to find themselves ranked quite high heading into next season.
It’s amazing when you think about it. Brown is 73 years old and heading into his third season at the helm of the program and he already has the Mustangs consistently landing top 100 prospects and heading into next season as a legitimate Final Four contender and the favorite to win the American.
This is SMU we’re talking about!
Think about that.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 0
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)