May 6, 2014, 9:59 PM EDT
Former Maryland guard Nick Faust thought he had found a new school last week when he decided to enroll at Oregon State. Questionable timing by the university altered that, as Oregon State head coach Craig Robinson was fired on Monday.
Within 48 hours of that announcement, Faust made one of his own: his recruitment is back open.
“I guess I gotta do this whole process all over again and really get to know coaches this time and things like that,” Faust told Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv. “It’s just a longer process.”
Faust mentioned UCLA, George Washington, Richmond, George Mason, Siena and Cleveland State were all being considered at the time he committed to the Beavers.
The 6-foot-6 Faust is one of four Terrapins to leave the school since the conclusion of this season. He averaged 9.4 points, 3.7 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game with his field goal percentages down from his sophomore campaign. Wherever he lands next, he’ll have to sit out the 2014-2015 season due to NCAA transfer rules.
This becomes another departure in a long line of players to leave Corvallis. In April, Eric Moreland declared for the NBA Draft, Hallice Cooke transferred and Challe Barton elected to pursue a professional career overseas. Earlier on Tuesday, incoming center Isaiah Manderson, a three-star commit, requested he be released from his National Letter of Intent.
Faust was granted his release from Maryland on April 8.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)