May 6, 2014, 9:59 PM EDT
Former Maryland guard Nick Faust thought he had found a new school last week when he decided to enroll at Oregon State. Questionable timing by the university altered that, as Oregon State head coach Craig Robinson was fired on Monday.
Within 48 hours of that announcement, Faust made one of his own: his recruitment is back open.
“I guess I gotta do this whole process all over again and really get to know coaches this time and things like that,” Faust told Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv. “It’s just a longer process.”
Faust mentioned UCLA, George Washington, Richmond, George Mason, Siena and Cleveland State were all being considered at the time he committed to the Beavers.
The 6-foot-6 Faust is one of four Terrapins to leave the school since the conclusion of this season. He averaged 9.4 points, 3.7 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game with his field goal percentages down from his sophomore campaign. Wherever he lands next, he’ll have to sit out the 2014-2015 season due to NCAA transfer rules.
This becomes another departure in a long line of players to leave Corvallis. In April, Eric Moreland declared for the NBA Draft, Hallice Cooke transferred and Challe Barton elected to pursue a professional career overseas. Earlier on Tuesday, incoming center Isaiah Manderson, a three-star commit, requested he be released from his National Letter of Intent.
Faust was granted his release from Maryland on April 8.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)