May 6, 2014, 9:59 PM EST
Former Maryland guard Nick Faust thought he had found a new school last week when he decided to enroll at Oregon State. Questionable timing by the university altered that, as Oregon State head coach Craig Robinson was fired on Monday.
Within 48 hours of that announcement, Faust made one of his own: his recruitment is back open.
“I guess I gotta do this whole process all over again and really get to know coaches this time and things like that,” Faust told Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv. “It’s just a longer process.”
Faust mentioned UCLA, George Washington, Richmond, George Mason, Siena and Cleveland State were all being considered at the time he committed to the Beavers.
The 6-foot-6 Faust is one of four Terrapins to leave the school since the conclusion of this season. He averaged 9.4 points, 3.7 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game with his field goal percentages down from his sophomore campaign. Wherever he lands next, he’ll have to sit out the 2014-2015 season due to NCAA transfer rules.
This becomes another departure in a long line of players to leave Corvallis. In April, Eric Moreland declared for the NBA Draft, Hallice Cooke transferred and Challe Barton elected to pursue a professional career overseas. Earlier on Tuesday, incoming center Isaiah Manderson, a three-star commit, requested he be released from his National Letter of Intent.
Faust was granted his release from Maryland on April 8.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)