May 6, 2014, 2:08 PM EDT
The train is not slowing down for Sean Miller out west anytime as Arizona’s head coach as locked up yet another top 25 recruit, this time landing a commitment from Justin Simon, according to a report from Scout.com.
Simon is the No. 23 recruit in the country, according to Rivals. He joins fellow five-star guard Tyler Dorsey in Arizona’s 2015 recruiting class, meaning that Miller has locked up commitments from two of the best guards in a class that doesn’t have much guard depth.
Simon is a 6-foot-5 off-guard from Temecula, CA. He plays his AAU ball with Gamepoint Elite.
“Simon is a versatile backcourt player with length who thrives in transition and on the defensive end of the court,” wrote Eric Bossi, a recruiting analyst for Rivals. “Some project him as a point guard but Rivals.com likes him more as a versatile utility guard who plays all around the perimeter. He has good size, handles and passes well and is a good defender. Simon must continue to improve his jump shot.”
Miller has built a pipeline into California, as Dorsey, Simon, Aaron Gordon, and 2014 freshmen Stanley Johnson, who ranks top five nationally, and four-star point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright are all products of California.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)