May 6, 2014, 2:08 PM EDT
The train is not slowing down for Sean Miller out west anytime as Arizona’s head coach as locked up yet another top 25 recruit, this time landing a commitment from Justin Simon, according to a report from Scout.com.
Simon is the No. 23 recruit in the country, according to Rivals. He joins fellow five-star guard Tyler Dorsey in Arizona’s 2015 recruiting class, meaning that Miller has locked up commitments from two of the best guards in a class that doesn’t have much guard depth.
Simon is a 6-foot-5 off-guard from Temecula, CA. He plays his AAU ball with Gamepoint Elite.
“Simon is a versatile backcourt player with length who thrives in transition and on the defensive end of the court,” wrote Eric Bossi, a recruiting analyst for Rivals. “Some project him as a point guard but Rivals.com likes him more as a versatile utility guard who plays all around the perimeter. He has good size, handles and passes well and is a good defender. Simon must continue to improve his jump shot.”
Miller has built a pipeline into California, as Dorsey, Simon, Aaron Gordon, and 2014 freshmen Stanley Johnson, who ranks top five nationally, and four-star point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright are all products of California.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)