May 6, 2014, 2:08 PM EST
The train is not slowing down for Sean Miller out west anytime as Arizona’s head coach as locked up yet another top 25 recruit, this time landing a commitment from Justin Simon, according to a report from Scout.com.
Simon is the No. 23 recruit in the country, according to Rivals. He joins fellow five-star guard Tyler Dorsey in Arizona’s 2015 recruiting class, meaning that Miller has locked up commitments from two of the best guards in a class that doesn’t have much guard depth.
Simon is a 6-foot-5 off-guard from Temecula, CA. He plays his AAU ball with Gamepoint Elite.
“Simon is a versatile backcourt player with length who thrives in transition and on the defensive end of the court,” wrote Eric Bossi, a recruiting analyst for Rivals. “Some project him as a point guard but Rivals.com likes him more as a versatile utility guard who plays all around the perimeter. He has good size, handles and passes well and is a good defender. Simon must continue to improve his jump shot.”
Miller has built a pipeline into California, as Dorsey, Simon, Aaron Gordon, and 2014 freshmen Stanley Johnson, who ranks top five nationally, and four-star point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright are all products of California.
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 0
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 0
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)