May 6, 2014, 2:08 PM EDT
The train is not slowing down for Sean Miller out west anytime as Arizona’s head coach as locked up yet another top 25 recruit, this time landing a commitment from Justin Simon, according to a report from Scout.com.
Simon is the No. 23 recruit in the country, according to Rivals. He joins fellow five-star guard Tyler Dorsey in Arizona’s 2015 recruiting class, meaning that Miller has locked up commitments from two of the best guards in a class that doesn’t have much guard depth.
Simon is a 6-foot-5 off-guard from Temecula, CA. He plays his AAU ball with Gamepoint Elite.
“Simon is a versatile backcourt player with length who thrives in transition and on the defensive end of the court,” wrote Eric Bossi, a recruiting analyst for Rivals. “Some project him as a point guard but Rivals.com likes him more as a versatile utility guard who plays all around the perimeter. He has good size, handles and passes well and is a good defender. Simon must continue to improve his jump shot.”
Miller has built a pipeline into California, as Dorsey, Simon, Aaron Gordon, and 2014 freshmen Stanley Johnson, who ranks top five nationally, and four-star point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright are all products of California.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)