May 6, 2014, 10:46 AM EST
Ex-Georgetown guard Stephen Domingo is headed back to the west coast where he will play out the remainder of his college basketball career for Cuonzo Martin at Cal, according to multiple media reports.
Domingo was a high-profile recruit coming out of high school, a four-star prospect that was ranked in the top 50 in the Class of 2013 before leaving high school early to enroll at Georgetown when he was 17 years old. Unfortunately for Domingo, he was never able to crack the rotation with the Hoyas, playing in just 39 games in two seasons in Washington, D.C.
Domingo is a talent, however. He’s a 6-foot-6 shooter that will be able to spend all next season developing his game and his body as he sits out the 2014-2015 season due to NCAA transfer rules.
Domingo is the second player that Martin has added since he got the job at Cal. He’s also brought in ace recruiter Yanni Hufnagel from Vanderbilt.
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)