May 6, 2014, 10:46 AM EDT
Ex-Georgetown guard Stephen Domingo is headed back to the west coast where he will play out the remainder of his college basketball career for Cuonzo Martin at Cal, according to multiple media reports.
Domingo was a high-profile recruit coming out of high school, a four-star prospect that was ranked in the top 50 in the Class of 2013 before leaving high school early to enroll at Georgetown when he was 17 years old. Unfortunately for Domingo, he was never able to crack the rotation with the Hoyas, playing in just 39 games in two seasons in Washington, D.C.
Domingo is a talent, however. He’s a 6-foot-6 shooter that will be able to spend all next season developing his game and his body as he sits out the 2014-2015 season due to NCAA transfer rules.
Domingo is the second player that Martin has added since he got the job at Cal. He’s also brought in ace recruiter Yanni Hufnagel from Vanderbilt.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)