May 7, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
After averaging 10.2 points and 4.9 rebounds per game in 2013-14, Campbell redshirt junior forward Darius Leonard has decided to transfer for his final season of eligibility according to Brett Stretlow of the Fayetteville Observer. The 6-foot-9 Leonard, who began his college career at Kent State, will graduate on Saturday and is thereby eligible to play immediately next season.
With that being the case schools have already inquired about the possibility of Leonard joining their program, with Leonard having already decided to visit Drexel and Marquette according to the Observer.
Wake Forest has shown interest in Leonard, who plans to visit Drexel this week and travel early next week to Marquette, which is coached by former Duke assistant Steve Wojciechowski. Oklahoma State, Georgia Tech, Miami and East Carolina are among the other programs that have reached out.
Leonard wasn’t as effective during the stretch run as he was earlier in the season for the Fighting Camels, who finished 12-20 overall with a 6-10 record in Big South play. Leonard shot 50.4% from the field and 38.0% from beyond the arc, making 35 of his 92 attempts from deep after not attempting a single three-pointer in 2012-13.
Leonard’s season-high for points in a game came in Campbell’s 97-93 win over VMI on January 18, in which he scored 21 points and grabbed seven rebounds in 23 minutes of action.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 4
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 3
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)