May 7, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
After averaging 10.2 points and 4.9 rebounds per game in 2013-14, Campbell redshirt junior forward Darius Leonard has decided to transfer for his final season of eligibility according to Brett Stretlow of the Fayetteville Observer. The 6-foot-9 Leonard, who began his college career at Kent State, will graduate on Saturday and is thereby eligible to play immediately next season.
With that being the case schools have already inquired about the possibility of Leonard joining their program, with Leonard having already decided to visit Drexel and Marquette according to the Observer.
Wake Forest has shown interest in Leonard, who plans to visit Drexel this week and travel early next week to Marquette, which is coached by former Duke assistant Steve Wojciechowski. Oklahoma State, Georgia Tech, Miami and East Carolina are among the other programs that have reached out.
Leonard wasn’t as effective during the stretch run as he was earlier in the season for the Fighting Camels, who finished 12-20 overall with a 6-10 record in Big South play. Leonard shot 50.4% from the field and 38.0% from beyond the arc, making 35 of his 92 attempts from deep after not attempting a single three-pointer in 2012-13.
Leonard’s season-high for points in a game came in Campbell’s 97-93 win over VMI on January 18, in which he scored 21 points and grabbed seven rebounds in 23 minutes of action.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)