May 7, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
After averaging 10.2 points and 4.9 rebounds per game in 2013-14, Campbell redshirt junior forward Darius Leonard has decided to transfer for his final season of eligibility according to Brett Stretlow of the Fayetteville Observer. The 6-foot-9 Leonard, who began his college career at Kent State, will graduate on Saturday and is thereby eligible to play immediately next season.
With that being the case schools have already inquired about the possibility of Leonard joining their program, with Leonard having already decided to visit Drexel and Marquette according to the Observer.
Wake Forest has shown interest in Leonard, who plans to visit Drexel this week and travel early next week to Marquette, which is coached by former Duke assistant Steve Wojciechowski. Oklahoma State, Georgia Tech, Miami and East Carolina are among the other programs that have reached out.
Leonard wasn’t as effective during the stretch run as he was earlier in the season for the Fighting Camels, who finished 12-20 overall with a 6-10 record in Big South play. Leonard shot 50.4% from the field and 38.0% from beyond the arc, making 35 of his 92 attempts from deep after not attempting a single three-pointer in 2012-13.
Leonard’s season-high for points in a game came in Campbell’s 97-93 win over VMI on January 18, in which he scored 21 points and grabbed seven rebounds in 23 minutes of action.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)
- Wichita State lands transfer guard from Texas A&M (2)