May 7, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
Southeastern Louisiana has added Ole Miss transfer Derrick Millinghaus, the school announced on Tuesday.
Millinghaus is a 5-foot-10 point guard originally from Schenectady, N.Y. He spent the lasts two seasons with the Rebels, averaging 6.6 points while starting nine games as a sophomore.
Millinghaus will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season per NCAA transfer rules.
New SeLa head coach Jay Ladner is going hard after transfers this spring. He already brought in former Murray State guard Zay Jackson, who is coming off of a devastating knee injury that he suffered a year after sitting out a season after running a man over with his car in a Walmart parking lot.
The high school coaches for both Jackson and Millinghaus, who did a prep year at Believe Academy (NC), are two of Ladner’s three assistants.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)