May 7, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
Southeastern Louisiana has added Ole Miss transfer Derrick Millinghaus, the school announced on Tuesday.
Millinghaus is a 5-foot-10 point guard originally from Schenectady, N.Y. He spent the lasts two seasons with the Rebels, averaging 6.6 points while starting nine games as a sophomore.
Millinghaus will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season per NCAA transfer rules.
New SeLa head coach Jay Ladner is going hard after transfers this spring. He already brought in former Murray State guard Zay Jackson, who is coming off of a devastating knee injury that he suffered a year after sitting out a season after running a man over with his car in a Walmart parking lot.
The high school coaches for both Jackson and Millinghaus, who did a prep year at Believe Academy (NC), are two of Ladner’s three assistants.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- NCAA twitter account effortlessly trolls MLB during playoff opener (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)