May 7, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
Southeastern Louisiana has added Ole Miss transfer Derrick Millinghaus, the school announced on Tuesday.
Millinghaus is a 5-foot-10 point guard originally from Schenectady, N.Y. He spent the lasts two seasons with the Rebels, averaging 6.6 points while starting nine games as a sophomore.
Millinghaus will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season per NCAA transfer rules.
New SeLa head coach Jay Ladner is going hard after transfers this spring. He already brought in former Murray State guard Zay Jackson, who is coming off of a devastating knee injury that he suffered a year after sitting out a season after running a man over with his car in a Walmart parking lot.
The high school coaches for both Jackson and Millinghaus, who did a prep year at Believe Academy (NC), are two of Ladner’s three assistants.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)