May 7, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
Southeastern Louisiana has added Ole Miss transfer Derrick Millinghaus, the school announced on Tuesday.
Millinghaus is a 5-foot-10 point guard originally from Schenectady, N.Y. He spent the lasts two seasons with the Rebels, averaging 6.6 points while starting nine games as a sophomore.
Millinghaus will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season per NCAA transfer rules.
New SeLa head coach Jay Ladner is going hard after transfers this spring. He already brought in former Murray State guard Zay Jackson, who is coming off of a devastating knee injury that he suffered a year after sitting out a season after running a man over with his car in a Walmart parking lot.
The high school coaches for both Jackson and Millinghaus, who did a prep year at Believe Academy (NC), are two of Ladner’s three assistants.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)