May 7, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Royce Woolridge is heading back to Arizona for his final season of eligibility to play for Grand Canyon and head coach Dan Majerle.
Woolridge played for Washington State the past two seasons, averaging 11.0 points as a sophomore and 7.3 points and 2.7 assists as a junior. He spent his freshman season playing limited minutes off the bench for Kansas.
Woolridge will be eligible immediately in 2014-2015 as he will graduate from Washington State this semester. Royce is from a basketball family. His father, Orlando, played in the NBA, and his brothers Zach (Princeton) and Renaldo (Tennessee and USC) both played Division I basketball.
Grand Canyon played their first season as a member of Division I in 2013-2014.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)