May 8, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Days after reports surfaced that shooting guard Namon Wright would request to be released from the National Letter of Intent he signed to attend Missouri, the 2014 prospect announced via his Twitter account that he is now free to speak with other schools. The announcement comes two days after new head coach Kim Anderson was to meet with Wright in southern California.
Wright stated that the meeting went well and he’s still considering Missouri, but he wanted to take the time to be sure that he’s making the right decision.
Among the schools that could possibly look to land Wright is Utah, which has a scholarship available after Marko Kovacevic made the decision to return to his native Serbia for family reasons. What could also help the Utes is the presence of rising junior guard Brandon Taylor, who was a teammate of Wright’s at Pacific Hills HS.
Well, Utah offered him before he signed with Missouri in November. Not only that, but Utah point guard Brandon Taylor is a fellow Pacific Hills alum and, [Pacific Hills HS head coach Ivan] Barahona says, so close to Wright that they communicate on a daily basis.
“Brandon has flourished over at Utah,” Barahona said. “He has nothing but positive things to say about the coaching staff, and they’re trending in the right direction.”
Utah, which also returns Delon Wright and Jordan Loveridge as part of a rotation that could make Larry Krystkowiak’s team a contender in the Pac-12 next season, reached the Postseason NIT in 2013-14.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)