May 8, 2014, 3:47 PM EDT
Ronnie Johnson, who started for two seasons as the point guard at Purdue, has decided that he will be transferring to Houston.
He made the announced on twitter on Thursday afternoon:
Officially a Cougar for Houston University #Htown
— Ronnie Johnson (@Westlala1600) May 8, 2014
We’ll go ahead and ignore the fact that it’s the University of Houston and not HU for now because Johnson was pretty productive with the Boilermakers. He averaged around 10 points and four assists both years that he was there. He’s a diminutive, lefty point guard with some serious quicks, but he also played on two teams that didn’t do much of anything in the Big Ten.
Johnson will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season but he will have two seasons of eligibility remaining starting in 2015-2016.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)