May 8, 2014, 3:47 PM EDT
Ronnie Johnson, who started for two seasons as the point guard at Purdue, has decided that he will be transferring to Houston.
He made the announced on twitter on Thursday afternoon:
Officially a Cougar for Houston University #Htown
— Ronnie Johnson (@Westlala1600) May 8, 2014
We’ll go ahead and ignore the fact that it’s the University of Houston and not HU for now because Johnson was pretty productive with the Boilermakers. He averaged around 10 points and four assists both years that he was there. He’s a diminutive, lefty point guard with some serious quicks, but he also played on two teams that didn’t do much of anything in the Big Ten.
Johnson will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season but he will have two seasons of eligibility remaining starting in 2015-2016.
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 14
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 11
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (17)