May 8, 2014, 3:47 PM EDT
Ronnie Johnson, who started for two seasons as the point guard at Purdue, has decided that he will be transferring to Houston.
He made the announced on twitter on Thursday afternoon:
Officially a Cougar for Houston University #Htown
— Ronnie Johnson (@Westlala1600) May 8, 2014
We’ll go ahead and ignore the fact that it’s the University of Houston and not HU for now because Johnson was pretty productive with the Boilermakers. He averaged around 10 points and four assists both years that he was there. He’s a diminutive, lefty point guard with some serious quicks, but he also played on two teams that didn’t do much of anything in the Big Ten.
Johnson will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season but he will have two seasons of eligibility remaining starting in 2015-2016.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)