May 8, 2014, 3:47 PM EDT
Ronnie Johnson, who started for two seasons as the point guard at Purdue, has decided that he will be transferring to Houston.
He made the announced on twitter on Thursday afternoon:
Officially a Cougar for Houston University #Htown
— Ronnie Johnson (@Westlala1600) May 8, 2014
We’ll go ahead and ignore the fact that it’s the University of Houston and not HU for now because Johnson was pretty productive with the Boilermakers. He averaged around 10 points and four assists both years that he was there. He’s a diminutive, lefty point guard with some serious quicks, but he also played on two teams that didn’t do much of anything in the Big Ten.
Johnson will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season but he will have two seasons of eligibility remaining starting in 2015-2016.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 1
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)