May 8, 2014, 3:47 PM EDT
Ronnie Johnson, who started for two seasons as the point guard at Purdue, has decided that he will be transferring to Houston.
He made the announced on twitter on Thursday afternoon:
Officially a Cougar for Houston University #Htown
— Ronnie Johnson (@Westlala1600) May 8, 2014
We’ll go ahead and ignore the fact that it’s the University of Houston and not HU for now because Johnson was pretty productive with the Boilermakers. He averaged around 10 points and four assists both years that he was there. He’s a diminutive, lefty point guard with some serious quicks, but he also played on two teams that didn’t do much of anything in the Big Ten.
Johnson will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season but he will have two seasons of eligibility remaining starting in 2015-2016.
May 22, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Nevada landed an impact transfer that could help at guard after next season.
May 22, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Arizona will have some intriguing home-and-home games to go along with an in-season tournament.
May 22, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
Cliff Alexander might have returned for his sophomore season if the NCAA had not been involved.
May 22, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
Kentucky promoted a familiar face for the open assistant spot.
May 22, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
Nebraska loses a commitment who could be headed elsewhere soon.
May 22, 2015, 4:27 PM EDT
Fox has led the Bulldogs to two NCAA tournament appearances in his six years as head coach, including last season’s 21-win team.
May 22, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
The Rutgers perimeter rotation may be crowded, but there’s plenty of room for contributions as the team won just ten games last season.
May 22, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
UNC now has 90 days to craft a response to the NCAA’s allegations.
May 22, 2015, 12:05 PM EDT
This isn’t the only addition UConn hopes to make to the 2016 class in the very near future.
May 22, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
The Wildcats will also take on Arizona State, UCLA and Ohio State in non-conference play.
May 22, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
Mohamed and Bakersfield big man Aly Ahmed argued in 2013 that bad advice led to them being ruled ineligible that season at Houston and Bakersfield, respectively.
May 21, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
The slender forward joins Sacha Killeya-Jones, Ty Jerome and Kyle Guy in Virginia’s 2016 haul.
May 21, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
Davis joins grassroots teammate C.J. Williamson Jr. in Texas Tech’s 2015 recruiting haul.
May 21, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
UNC fell short in the race for Brandon Ingram, and the investigation was a big reason why.
May 21, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
John Calipari will coach against former assistant Orlando Antigua November 27 in Miami.
May 21, 2015, 6:35 PM EDT
The Jonesboro, Georgia native averaged 11.9 points, 6.6 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game as a redshirt junior at UALR.
May 21, 2015, 4:58 PM EDT
Last spring Mark Turgeon was seen by some as being on the “hot seat.” This spring, one sports book believes he’s got the early favorite to win the national title in 2016.
May 21, 2015, 3:54 PM EDT
Thanks a lot, Christian.
May 21, 2015, 2:09 PM EDT
Cal is always selling his program, and his latest viral quote is no different.
May 21, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
It’s not as weird as it sounds.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)