May 8, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
We showed you the mixtape from the Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions yesterday, and it kicked off with a ridiculously athletic move from a kid named Rayjon Tucker.
As you might imagine, there was more from Tucker during that tournament, enough, actually, to put together an entire mixtape, which you see above.
One of the most interesting parts of following the AAU circuit is tracking the guys that go from relative no-names to being prospects that are pursued by some of the best programs in the country. Tucker has a chance to be one of those kids, but he also is the kind of player that has his strengths accentuated by a mixtape. A 6-foot-4 with a solid build and the kind of explosiveness that makes it look like he’s got pogo sticks for legs, he can be thrilling to watch.
But, at this point in his development, he isn’t much more than a freak athlete. His jumper needs to get better. His handle needs to get better. His feel for the game needs to get better.
Tucker reportedly has offers from Boston College, Charlotte, UNC-Greensboro, Gardner-Webb and Campbell. If he puts in the work to develop the rest of his game, he’ll be a guy that has bigger offers rolling in eventually.
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 0
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)