May 8, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
We showed you the mixtape from the Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions yesterday, and it kicked off with a ridiculously athletic move from a kid named Rayjon Tucker.
As you might imagine, there was more from Tucker during that tournament, enough, actually, to put together an entire mixtape, which you see above.
One of the most interesting parts of following the AAU circuit is tracking the guys that go from relative no-names to being prospects that are pursued by some of the best programs in the country. Tucker has a chance to be one of those kids, but he also is the kind of player that has his strengths accentuated by a mixtape. A 6-foot-4 with a solid build and the kind of explosiveness that makes it look like he’s got pogo sticks for legs, he can be thrilling to watch.
But, at this point in his development, he isn’t much more than a freak athlete. His jumper needs to get better. His handle needs to get better. His feel for the game needs to get better.
Tucker reportedly has offers from Boston College, Charlotte, UNC-Greensboro, Gardner-Webb and Campbell. If he puts in the work to develop the rest of his game, he’ll be a guy that has bigger offers rolling in eventually.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)