May 8, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
We showed you the mixtape from the Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions yesterday, and it kicked off with a ridiculously athletic move from a kid named Rayjon Tucker.
As you might imagine, there was more from Tucker during that tournament, enough, actually, to put together an entire mixtape, which you see above.
One of the most interesting parts of following the AAU circuit is tracking the guys that go from relative no-names to being prospects that are pursued by some of the best programs in the country. Tucker has a chance to be one of those kids, but he also is the kind of player that has his strengths accentuated by a mixtape. A 6-foot-4 with a solid build and the kind of explosiveness that makes it look like he’s got pogo sticks for legs, he can be thrilling to watch.
But, at this point in his development, he isn’t much more than a freak athlete. His jumper needs to get better. His handle needs to get better. His feel for the game needs to get better.
Tucker reportedly has offers from Boston College, Charlotte, UNC-Greensboro, Gardner-Webb and Campbell. If he puts in the work to develop the rest of his game, he’ll be a guy that has bigger offers rolling in eventually.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 0
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 1
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)