May 8, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
We showed you the mixtape from the Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions yesterday, and it kicked off with a ridiculously athletic move from a kid named Rayjon Tucker.
As you might imagine, there was more from Tucker during that tournament, enough, actually, to put together an entire mixtape, which you see above.
One of the most interesting parts of following the AAU circuit is tracking the guys that go from relative no-names to being prospects that are pursued by some of the best programs in the country. Tucker has a chance to be one of those kids, but he also is the kind of player that has his strengths accentuated by a mixtape. A 6-foot-4 with a solid build and the kind of explosiveness that makes it look like he’s got pogo sticks for legs, he can be thrilling to watch.
But, at this point in his development, he isn’t much more than a freak athlete. His jumper needs to get better. His handle needs to get better. His feel for the game needs to get better.
Tucker reportedly has offers from Boston College, Charlotte, UNC-Greensboro, Gardner-Webb and Campbell. If he puts in the work to develop the rest of his game, he’ll be a guy that has bigger offers rolling in eventually.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)