May 8, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
We showed you the mixtape from the Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions yesterday, and it kicked off with a ridiculously athletic move from a kid named Rayjon Tucker.
As you might imagine, there was more from Tucker during that tournament, enough, actually, to put together an entire mixtape, which you see above.
One of the most interesting parts of following the AAU circuit is tracking the guys that go from relative no-names to being prospects that are pursued by some of the best programs in the country. Tucker has a chance to be one of those kids, but he also is the kind of player that has his strengths accentuated by a mixtape. A 6-foot-4 with a solid build and the kind of explosiveness that makes it look like he’s got pogo sticks for legs, he can be thrilling to watch.
But, at this point in his development, he isn’t much more than a freak athlete. His jumper needs to get better. His handle needs to get better. His feel for the game needs to get better.
Tucker reportedly has offers from Boston College, Charlotte, UNC-Greensboro, Gardner-Webb and Campbell. If he puts in the work to develop the rest of his game, he’ll be a guy that has bigger offers rolling in eventually.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)