May 8, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
There have been numerous names tossed around when it comes to the head coaching gig with the LA Lakers, but perhaps the most head-scratching one to come out was that of North Carolina head coach Roy Williams.
The man is 63 years old and has spent his career in the collegiate ranks, but hey, why not toss that name out there?
On Wednesday, Williams did his best to squash those rumors on a national radio show.
“I’ve always felt like that I’m a college coach and that’s where I belong,” Williams told JT the Brick on FOX Sports Radio. “Mitch Kupchak is one of my best friends in the whole wide world, there’s no question there, but I’m a college guy and if somebody calls and offers me the greatest job in the world, it better be really good because I feel like I’ve got about the greatest job in the world.”
Hopefully, that will settle Tar Heel fans down a bit.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)