May 8, 2014, 11:17 AM EST
There have been numerous names tossed around when it comes to the head coaching gig with the LA Lakers, but perhaps the most head-scratching one to come out was that of North Carolina head coach Roy Williams.
The man is 63 years old and has spent his career in the collegiate ranks, but hey, why not toss that name out there?
On Wednesday, Williams did his best to squash those rumors on a national radio show.
“I’ve always felt like that I’m a college coach and that’s where I belong,” Williams told JT the Brick on FOX Sports Radio. “Mitch Kupchak is one of my best friends in the whole wide world, there’s no question there, but I’m a college guy and if somebody calls and offers me the greatest job in the world, it better be really good because I feel like I’ve got about the greatest job in the world.”
Hopefully, that will settle Tar Heel fans down a bit.
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- Bubble Banter: St. John’s with a huge win, N.C. State with an ugly loss 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)