May 8, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
There have been numerous names tossed around when it comes to the head coaching gig with the LA Lakers, but perhaps the most head-scratching one to come out was that of North Carolina head coach Roy Williams.
The man is 63 years old and has spent his career in the collegiate ranks, but hey, why not toss that name out there?
On Wednesday, Williams did his best to squash those rumors on a national radio show.
“I’ve always felt like that I’m a college coach and that’s where I belong,” Williams told JT the Brick on FOX Sports Radio. “Mitch Kupchak is one of my best friends in the whole wide world, there’s no question there, but I’m a college guy and if somebody calls and offers me the greatest job in the world, it better be really good because I feel like I’ve got about the greatest job in the world.”
Hopefully, that will settle Tar Heel fans down a bit.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)