May 8, 2014, 11:17 AM EST
There have been numerous names tossed around when it comes to the head coaching gig with the LA Lakers, but perhaps the most head-scratching one to come out was that of North Carolina head coach Roy Williams.
The man is 63 years old and has spent his career in the collegiate ranks, but hey, why not toss that name out there?
On Wednesday, Williams did his best to squash those rumors on a national radio show.
“I’ve always felt like that I’m a college coach and that’s where I belong,” Williams told JT the Brick on FOX Sports Radio. “Mitch Kupchak is one of my best friends in the whole wide world, there’s no question there, but I’m a college guy and if somebody calls and offers me the greatest job in the world, it better be really good because I feel like I’ve got about the greatest job in the world.”
Hopefully, that will settle Tar Heel fans down a bit.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)