May 9, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Boston College and new head coach Jim Christian took a blow to their recruiting efforts on Friday night as 2015 commit and Rivals 150 prospect Jeremy Miller re-opened his recruitment, according to ESPN‘s Jeff Goodman.
Miller, a 6-foot-9 forward, is currently regarded as Rivals.com‘s No. 125 overall prospect in the 2015 class and committed to the Eagles in February after Boston College’s massive road win over Syracuse but former head coach Steve Donahue lost his job this offseason and Miller opted to start fresh.
Miller attends New Hampton Prep in New Hampton, New Hampshire and had interest from Clemson, Florida, George Washington, Temple and VCU before committing to Boston College.
Now that he’s opened up his recruitment, Miller could be a hot commodity this July thanks to his size and upside.
Boston College, meanwhile, no longer has any commitments in 2015 and Christian can start fresh on the class.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)