May 9, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
Boston College and new head coach Jim Christian took a blow to their recruiting efforts on Friday night as 2015 commit and Rivals 150 prospect Jeremy Miller re-opened his recruitment, according to ESPN‘s Jeff Goodman.
Miller, a 6-foot-9 forward, is currently regarded as Rivals.com‘s No. 125 overall prospect in the 2015 class and committed to the Eagles in February after Boston College’s massive road win over Syracuse but former head coach Steve Donahue lost his job this offseason and Miller opted to start fresh.
Miller attends New Hampton Prep in New Hampton, New Hampshire and had interest from Clemson, Florida, George Washington, Temple and VCU before committing to Boston College.
Now that he’s opened up his recruitment, Miller could be a hot commodity this July thanks to his size and upside.
Boston College, meanwhile, no longer has any commitments in 2015 and Christian can start fresh on the class.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)