May 9, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Boston College and new head coach Jim Christian took a blow to their recruiting efforts on Friday night as 2015 commit and Rivals 150 prospect Jeremy Miller re-opened his recruitment, according to ESPN‘s Jeff Goodman.
Miller, a 6-foot-9 forward, is currently regarded as Rivals.com‘s No. 125 overall prospect in the 2015 class and committed to the Eagles in February after Boston College’s massive road win over Syracuse but former head coach Steve Donahue lost his job this offseason and Miller opted to start fresh.
Miller attends New Hampton Prep in New Hampton, New Hampshire and had interest from Clemson, Florida, George Washington, Temple and VCU before committing to Boston College.
Now that he’s opened up his recruitment, Miller could be a hot commodity this July thanks to his size and upside.
Boston College, meanwhile, no longer has any commitments in 2015 and Christian can start fresh on the class.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 0
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)