May 9, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Boston College and new head coach Jim Christian took a blow to their recruiting efforts on Friday night as 2015 commit and Rivals 150 prospect Jeremy Miller re-opened his recruitment, according to ESPN‘s Jeff Goodman.
Miller, a 6-foot-9 forward, is currently regarded as Rivals.com‘s No. 125 overall prospect in the 2015 class and committed to the Eagles in February after Boston College’s massive road win over Syracuse but former head coach Steve Donahue lost his job this offseason and Miller opted to start fresh.
Miller attends New Hampton Prep in New Hampton, New Hampshire and had interest from Clemson, Florida, George Washington, Temple and VCU before committing to Boston College.
Now that he’s opened up his recruitment, Miller could be a hot commodity this July thanks to his size and upside.
Boston College, meanwhile, no longer has any commitments in 2015 and Christian can start fresh on the class.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)