May 9, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
Boston College and new head coach Jim Christian took a blow to their recruiting efforts on Friday night as 2015 commit and Rivals 150 prospect Jeremy Miller re-opened his recruitment, according to ESPN‘s Jeff Goodman.
Miller, a 6-foot-9 forward, is currently regarded as Rivals.com‘s No. 125 overall prospect in the 2015 class and committed to the Eagles in February after Boston College’s massive road win over Syracuse but former head coach Steve Donahue lost his job this offseason and Miller opted to start fresh.
Miller attends New Hampton Prep in New Hampton, New Hampshire and had interest from Clemson, Florida, George Washington, Temple and VCU before committing to Boston College.
Now that he’s opened up his recruitment, Miller could be a hot commodity this July thanks to his size and upside.
Boston College, meanwhile, no longer has any commitments in 2015 and Christian can start fresh on the class.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)