May 9, 2014, 11:21 AM EDT
With CAA Player of the Year Jerrelle Benimon and fellow veteran Marcus Damas out of eligibility, Towson can benefit from an additional front court body heading into the 2014-15 season. And according to a report Thursday from Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports the Tigers have landed a transfer, with former Dayton forward Alex Gavrilovic committing to the program.
While the Flyers’ 11-man rotation ultimately resulted in a trip to the Elite Eight, Gavrilovic was on the outside looking in for much of the season. Gavrilovic played in 15 games, posting averages of 2.3 points and 1.4 rebounds in 6.6 minutes of action per contest.
Gavrilovic’s season-high for minutes came in a December loss to USC, as he played 19 minutes and finished the game with six points and six rebounds. Gavrilovic won’t run into a similar logjam at Towson due in large part to the graduation of Benimon and Damas, and as a graduate he’ll be eligible to play immediately.
The most productive front court returnee for Towson is Timajh Parker-Rivera, who started all 36 games and averaged 6.2 points and 5.2 rebounds per game in 2013-14. Walter Foster played in all 36 games for the Tigers, playing an average of 12.5 minutes per contest.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)