May 9, 2014, 11:21 AM EDT
With CAA Player of the Year Jerrelle Benimon and fellow veteran Marcus Damas out of eligibility, Towson can benefit from an additional front court body heading into the 2014-15 season. And according to a report Thursday from Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports the Tigers have landed a transfer, with former Dayton forward Alex Gavrilovic committing to the program.
While the Flyers’ 11-man rotation ultimately resulted in a trip to the Elite Eight, Gavrilovic was on the outside looking in for much of the season. Gavrilovic played in 15 games, posting averages of 2.3 points and 1.4 rebounds in 6.6 minutes of action per contest.
Gavrilovic’s season-high for minutes came in a December loss to USC, as he played 19 minutes and finished the game with six points and six rebounds. Gavrilovic won’t run into a similar logjam at Towson due in large part to the graduation of Benimon and Damas, and as a graduate he’ll be eligible to play immediately.
The most productive front court returnee for Towson is Timajh Parker-Rivera, who started all 36 games and averaged 6.2 points and 5.2 rebounds per game in 2013-14. Walter Foster played in all 36 games for the Tigers, playing an average of 12.5 minutes per contest.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)