May 9, 2014, 11:21 AM EDT
With CAA Player of the Year Jerrelle Benimon and fellow veteran Marcus Damas out of eligibility, Towson can benefit from an additional front court body heading into the 2014-15 season. And according to a report Thursday from Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports the Tigers have landed a transfer, with former Dayton forward Alex Gavrilovic committing to the program.
While the Flyers’ 11-man rotation ultimately resulted in a trip to the Elite Eight, Gavrilovic was on the outside looking in for much of the season. Gavrilovic played in 15 games, posting averages of 2.3 points and 1.4 rebounds in 6.6 minutes of action per contest.
Gavrilovic’s season-high for minutes came in a December loss to USC, as he played 19 minutes and finished the game with six points and six rebounds. Gavrilovic won’t run into a similar logjam at Towson due in large part to the graduation of Benimon and Damas, and as a graduate he’ll be eligible to play immediately.
The most productive front court returnee for Towson is Timajh Parker-Rivera, who started all 36 games and averaged 6.2 points and 5.2 rebounds per game in 2013-14. Walter Foster played in all 36 games for the Tigers, playing an average of 12.5 minutes per contest.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)