May 10, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Boston College and new head coach Jim Christian landed a solid commitment on Saturday as 2014 center Idrissa Diallo committed to the Eagles.
The commitment of the 6-foot-11, 230-pound Diallo was confirmed by his high school coach at Cathedral, William Middlebrooks, on Twitter.
A former Cal commit and native of Los Angeles, Diallo opened up his recruitment when Cuonzo Martin was hired by the Bears on April 15th and the center committed to Boston College after taking a visit to campus this weekend. Diallo is a three-star prospect according to Rivals.com and regarded as the No. 128 prospect in 2014 national class.
Rivals national recruiting analyst Eric Bossi had this to say about Diallo: “Long and rangy big man is very athletic and has loads of upside. Runs extremely well, quick off his feet and has a frame that should allow him to add strength without losing athleticism. Has to continue to upgrade his skill.”
Following the loss of 2015 commitment Jeremy Miller on Friday night, this is a really nice pick-up for Christian, as he gets a center that can immediately fight for minutes.
Diallo is Christian’s first commitment at Boston College and the Eagles are also hot in pursuit of former Oklahoma State signee and guard Jared Terrell, who opted out of his NLI in April.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)
- Wichita State lands transfer guard from Texas A&M (2)