May 10, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Boston College and new head coach Jim Christian landed a solid commitment on Saturday as 2014 center Idrissa Diallo committed to the Eagles.
The commitment of the 6-foot-11, 230-pound Diallo was confirmed by his high school coach at Cathedral, William Middlebrooks, on Twitter.
A former Cal commit and native of Los Angeles, Diallo opened up his recruitment when Cuonzo Martin was hired by the Bears on April 15th and the center committed to Boston College after taking a visit to campus this weekend. Diallo is a three-star prospect according to Rivals.com and regarded as the No. 128 prospect in 2014 national class.
Rivals national recruiting analyst Eric Bossi had this to say about Diallo: “Long and rangy big man is very athletic and has loads of upside. Runs extremely well, quick off his feet and has a frame that should allow him to add strength without losing athleticism. Has to continue to upgrade his skill.”
Following the loss of 2015 commitment Jeremy Miller on Friday night, this is a really nice pick-up for Christian, as he gets a center that can immediately fight for minutes.
Diallo is Christian’s first commitment at Boston College and the Eagles are also hot in pursuit of former Oklahoma State signee and guard Jared Terrell, who opted out of his NLI in April.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)