May 10, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Boston College and new head coach Jim Christian landed a solid commitment on Saturday as 2014 center Idrissa Diallo committed to the Eagles.
The commitment of the 6-foot-11, 230-pound Diallo was confirmed by his high school coach at Cathedral, William Middlebrooks, on Twitter.
A former Cal commit and native of Los Angeles, Diallo opened up his recruitment when Cuonzo Martin was hired by the Bears on April 15th and the center committed to Boston College after taking a visit to campus this weekend. Diallo is a three-star prospect according to Rivals.com and regarded as the No. 128 prospect in 2014 national class.
Rivals national recruiting analyst Eric Bossi had this to say about Diallo: “Long and rangy big man is very athletic and has loads of upside. Runs extremely well, quick off his feet and has a frame that should allow him to add strength without losing athleticism. Has to continue to upgrade his skill.”
Following the loss of 2015 commitment Jeremy Miller on Friday night, this is a really nice pick-up for Christian, as he gets a center that can immediately fight for minutes.
Diallo is Christian’s first commitment at Boston College and the Eagles are also hot in pursuit of former Oklahoma State signee and guard Jared Terrell, who opted out of his NLI in April.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)