May 10, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Boston College and new head coach Jim Christian landed a solid commitment on Saturday as 2014 center Idrissa Diallo committed to the Eagles.
The commitment of the 6-foot-11, 230-pound Diallo was confirmed by his high school coach at Cathedral, William Middlebrooks, on Twitter.
A former Cal commit and native of Los Angeles, Diallo opened up his recruitment when Cuonzo Martin was hired by the Bears on April 15th and the center committed to Boston College after taking a visit to campus this weekend. Diallo is a three-star prospect according to Rivals.com and regarded as the No. 128 prospect in 2014 national class.
Rivals national recruiting analyst Eric Bossi had this to say about Diallo: “Long and rangy big man is very athletic and has loads of upside. Runs extremely well, quick off his feet and has a frame that should allow him to add strength without losing athleticism. Has to continue to upgrade his skill.”
Following the loss of 2015 commitment Jeremy Miller on Friday night, this is a really nice pick-up for Christian, as he gets a center that can immediately fight for minutes.
Diallo is Christian’s first commitment at Boston College and the Eagles are also hot in pursuit of former Oklahoma State signee and guard Jared Terrell, who opted out of his NLI in April.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)