May 10, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Florida State picked up a commitment on Saturday as the Seminoles landed 2014 forward Phil Cofer.
A 6-foot-8, 205-pound forward, Cofer confirmed his commitment on Twitter, as he visited Tallahassee on an official visit over the weekend. Cofer was committed to Tennessee before former head coach Cuonzo Martin left for Cal. Earlier on Saturday, another former Tennessee commit, point guard Larry Austin, committed to Xavier.
A three-star prospect according to Rivals.com, Cofer is the No. 120 overall prospect in their 2014 national rankings. Cofer committed to Tennessee in June of 2013, but opted to open up his recruitment late in April after Donnie Tyndall became the new head coach of the Volunteers.
Tennessee attempted to win back Cofer’s commitment, but the forward ultimately decided that Florida State and the ACC was a better fit. Cofer had narrowed his list to Florida State, Tennessee, Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech in early May.
Florida State’s 2014 recruiting class now features Cofer, junior college guards Kedar Edwards and Dayshawn Watkins as well as high school center Norbertas Giga and shooting guard Robbie Berwick.
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4