May 10, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Florida State picked up a commitment on Saturday as the Seminoles landed 2014 forward Phil Cofer.
A 6-foot-8, 205-pound forward, Cofer confirmed his commitment on Twitter, as he visited Tallahassee on an official visit over the weekend. Cofer was committed to Tennessee before former head coach Cuonzo Martin left for Cal. Earlier on Saturday, another former Tennessee commit, point guard Larry Austin, committed to Xavier.
A three-star prospect according to Rivals.com, Cofer is the No. 120 overall prospect in their 2014 national rankings. Cofer committed to Tennessee in June of 2013, but opted to open up his recruitment late in April after Donnie Tyndall became the new head coach of the Volunteers.
Tennessee attempted to win back Cofer’s commitment, but the forward ultimately decided that Florida State and the ACC was a better fit. Cofer had narrowed his list to Florida State, Tennessee, Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech in early May.
Florida State’s 2014 recruiting class now features Cofer, junior college guards Kedar Edwards and Dayshawn Watkins as well as high school center Norbertas Giga and shooting guard Robbie Berwick.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 1
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)