May 10, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Florida State picked up a commitment on Saturday as the Seminoles landed 2014 forward Phil Cofer.
A 6-foot-8, 205-pound forward, Cofer confirmed his commitment on Twitter, as he visited Tallahassee on an official visit over the weekend. Cofer was committed to Tennessee before former head coach Cuonzo Martin left for Cal. Earlier on Saturday, another former Tennessee commit, point guard Larry Austin, committed to Xavier.
A three-star prospect according to Rivals.com, Cofer is the No. 120 overall prospect in their 2014 national rankings. Cofer committed to Tennessee in June of 2013, but opted to open up his recruitment late in April after Donnie Tyndall became the new head coach of the Volunteers.
Tennessee attempted to win back Cofer’s commitment, but the forward ultimately decided that Florida State and the ACC was a better fit. Cofer had narrowed his list to Florida State, Tennessee, Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech in early May.
Florida State’s 2014 recruiting class now features Cofer, junior college guards Kedar Edwards and Dayshawn Watkins as well as high school center Norbertas Giga and shooting guard Robbie Berwick.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 1
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)