May 10, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Florida State picked up a commitment on Saturday as the Seminoles landed 2014 forward Phil Cofer.
A 6-foot-8, 205-pound forward, Cofer confirmed his commitment on Twitter, as he visited Tallahassee on an official visit over the weekend. Cofer was committed to Tennessee before former head coach Cuonzo Martin left for Cal. Earlier on Saturday, another former Tennessee commit, point guard Larry Austin, committed to Xavier.
A three-star prospect according to Rivals.com, Cofer is the No. 120 overall prospect in their 2014 national rankings. Cofer committed to Tennessee in June of 2013, but opted to open up his recruitment late in April after Donnie Tyndall became the new head coach of the Volunteers.
Tennessee attempted to win back Cofer’s commitment, but the forward ultimately decided that Florida State and the ACC was a better fit. Cofer had narrowed his list to Florida State, Tennessee, Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech in early May.
Florida State’s 2014 recruiting class now features Cofer, junior college guards Kedar Edwards and Dayshawn Watkins as well as high school center Norbertas Giga and shooting guard Robbie Berwick.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)