May 10, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Florida State picked up a commitment on Saturday as the Seminoles landed 2014 forward Phil Cofer.
A 6-foot-8, 205-pound forward, Cofer confirmed his commitment on Twitter, as he visited Tallahassee on an official visit over the weekend. Cofer was committed to Tennessee before former head coach Cuonzo Martin left for Cal. Earlier on Saturday, another former Tennessee commit, point guard Larry Austin, committed to Xavier.
A three-star prospect according to Rivals.com, Cofer is the No. 120 overall prospect in their 2014 national rankings. Cofer committed to Tennessee in June of 2013, but opted to open up his recruitment late in April after Donnie Tyndall became the new head coach of the Volunteers.
Tennessee attempted to win back Cofer’s commitment, but the forward ultimately decided that Florida State and the ACC was a better fit. Cofer had narrowed his list to Florida State, Tennessee, Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech in early May.
Florida State’s 2014 recruiting class now features Cofer, junior college guards Kedar Edwards and Dayshawn Watkins as well as high school center Norbertas Giga and shooting guard Robbie Berwick.
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? 4
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 5
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 2
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (8)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (5)