May 10, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Drake head coach Ray Giacoletti has been busy on the transfer market this spring, and on Saturday he landed a second former Big Ten product as guard Graham Woodward announced that he’ll be attending the Missouri Valley Conference school. Woodward played his freshman season at Penn State, where he averaged 2.8 points in 12.5 minutes of action per contest.
Officially a Drake Bulldog!!—
Graham Woodward (@gwoodward_3) May 10, 2014
With Tim Frazier and D.J. Newbill leading the way on the perimeter and Pittsburgh transfer John Johnson joining the Penn State program, Woodward and fellow freshman Geno Thorpe were fourth and fifth options for head coach Patrick Chambers. Woodward reached double figures in one game last season, scoring 11 points in the Nittany Lions’ 71-70 win at Ohio State on January 29. He played a season-high 35 minutes in the overtime victory.
Woodward joins former Northwestern forward Kale Abrahamson as players who have made the decision to transfer to Drake this spring. After sitting out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules Woodward will have three years of eligibility remaining. Jordan Daniels (10.2 ppg, 2.6 apg), the likely starter at the point in 2014-15 with Richard Carter out of eligibility, will be a senior during the 2015-16 season.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)