May 10, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Drake head coach Ray Giacoletti has been busy on the transfer market this spring, and on Saturday he landed a second former Big Ten product as guard Graham Woodward announced that he’ll be attending the Missouri Valley Conference school. Woodward played his freshman season at Penn State, where he averaged 2.8 points in 12.5 minutes of action per contest.
Officially a Drake Bulldog!!—
Graham Woodward (@gwoodward_3) May 10, 2014
With Tim Frazier and D.J. Newbill leading the way on the perimeter and Pittsburgh transfer John Johnson joining the Penn State program, Woodward and fellow freshman Geno Thorpe were fourth and fifth options for head coach Patrick Chambers. Woodward reached double figures in one game last season, scoring 11 points in the Nittany Lions’ 71-70 win at Ohio State on January 29. He played a season-high 35 minutes in the overtime victory.
Woodward joins former Northwestern forward Kale Abrahamson as players who have made the decision to transfer to Drake this spring. After sitting out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules Woodward will have three years of eligibility remaining. Jordan Daniels (10.2 ppg, 2.6 apg), the likely starter at the point in 2014-15 with Richard Carter out of eligibility, will be a senior during the 2015-16 season.
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)