May 10, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Drake head coach Ray Giacoletti has been busy on the transfer market this spring, and on Saturday he landed a second former Big Ten product as guard Graham Woodward announced that he’ll be attending the Missouri Valley Conference school. Woodward played his freshman season at Penn State, where he averaged 2.8 points in 12.5 minutes of action per contest.
With Tim Frazier and D.J. Newbill leading the way on the perimeter and Pittsburgh transfer John Johnson joining the Penn State program, Woodward and fellow freshman Geno Thorpe were fourth and fifth options for head coach Patrick Chambers. Woodward reached double figures in one game last season, scoring 11 points in the Nittany Lions’ 71-70 win at Ohio State on January 29. He played a season-high 35 minutes in the overtime victory.
Woodward joins former Northwestern forward Kale Abrahamson as players who have made the decision to transfer to Drake this spring. After sitting out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules Woodward will have three years of eligibility remaining. Jordan Daniels (10.2 ppg, 2.6 apg), the likely starter at the point in 2014-15 with Richard Carter out of eligibility, will be a senior during the 2015-16 season.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)