May 10, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Drake head coach Ray Giacoletti has been busy on the transfer market this spring, and on Saturday he landed a second former Big Ten product as guard Graham Woodward announced that he’ll be attending the Missouri Valley Conference school. Woodward played his freshman season at Penn State, where he averaged 2.8 points in 12.5 minutes of action per contest.
Officially a Drake Bulldog!!—
Graham Woodward (@gwoodward_3) May 10, 2014
With Tim Frazier and D.J. Newbill leading the way on the perimeter and Pittsburgh transfer John Johnson joining the Penn State program, Woodward and fellow freshman Geno Thorpe were fourth and fifth options for head coach Patrick Chambers. Woodward reached double figures in one game last season, scoring 11 points in the Nittany Lions’ 71-70 win at Ohio State on January 29. He played a season-high 35 minutes in the overtime victory.
Woodward joins former Northwestern forward Kale Abrahamson as players who have made the decision to transfer to Drake this spring. After sitting out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules Woodward will have three years of eligibility remaining. Jordan Daniels (10.2 ppg, 2.6 apg), the likely starter at the point in 2014-15 with Richard Carter out of eligibility, will be a senior during the 2015-16 season.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)