May 10, 2014, 10:05 AM EST
Georgetown picked up a very nice commitment on Saturday morning as four-star forward Noah Dickerson announced on twitter that he committed to the Hoyas and head coach John Thompson III.
A 6-foot-8 native of Atlanta, Georgia, Dickerson is currently regarded as the No. 53 player in Rivals.com‘s 2015 national rankings and gives Georgetown another talented post player to work with. Dickerson played this past season at Montverde Academy in Florida and helped lead the school to the Dick’s national title in April.
Dickerson also ran on the Nike EYBL with the Georgia Stars last year as he played up on the 17U level.
Dickerson joins fellow four-star forward and Virginia native Marcus Derrickson as 2015 prospects that are currently committed to play for the Hoyas.
Both Dickerson and Derrickson are forwards but while Derrickson can face up and shoot out to the perimeter, Dickerson has more post moves and is more of a threat with his back to the basket.
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)