May 10, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
Georgetown picked up a very nice commitment on Saturday morning as four-star forward Noah Dickerson announced on twitter that he committed to the Hoyas and head coach John Thompson III.
A 6-foot-8 native of Atlanta, Georgia, Dickerson is currently regarded as the No. 53 player in Rivals.com‘s 2015 national rankings and gives Georgetown another talented post player to work with. Dickerson played this past season at Montverde Academy in Florida and helped lead the school to the Dick’s national title in April.
Dickerson also ran on the Nike EYBL with the Georgia Stars last year as he played up on the 17U level.
Dickerson joins fellow four-star forward and Virginia native Marcus Derrickson as 2015 prospects that are currently committed to play for the Hoyas.
Both Dickerson and Derrickson are forwards but while Derrickson can face up and shoot out to the perimeter, Dickerson has more post moves and is more of a threat with his back to the basket.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)