May 10, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
Georgetown picked up a very nice commitment on Saturday morning as four-star forward Noah Dickerson announced on twitter that he committed to the Hoyas and head coach John Thompson III.
A 6-foot-8 native of Atlanta, Georgia, Dickerson is currently regarded as the No. 53 player in Rivals.com‘s 2015 national rankings and gives Georgetown another talented post player to work with. Dickerson played this past season at Montverde Academy in Florida and helped lead the school to the Dick’s national title in April.
Dickerson also ran on the Nike EYBL with the Georgia Stars last year as he played up on the 17U level.
Dickerson joins fellow four-star forward and Virginia native Marcus Derrickson as 2015 prospects that are currently committed to play for the Hoyas.
Both Dickerson and Derrickson are forwards but while Derrickson can face up and shoot out to the perimeter, Dickerson has more post moves and is more of a threat with his back to the basket.
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 2
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)