May 10, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Xavier landed a solid late point guard commitment on Saturday afternoon as 2014 guard Larry Austin committed to the Musketeers. Austin confirmed his commitment to Xavier to NBCSports.com in a text message.
The 6-foot-1 Austin led Springfield Lanphier High School in Springfield, Illinois to a 27-2 record during the 2013-14 season and was previously committed to Tennessee before head coach Cuonzo Martin left for Cal on April 15th.
A three-star prospect according to Rivals.com, Austin is regarded by the site the No. 117 prospect in the 2014 national rankings. A tremendous on-the-ball defender and solid floor leader, Austin will have to improve the consistency on his perimeter jumper as he transitions into the Big East.
Austin joins a large and talented 2014 recruiting class at Xavier that includes wing Trevon Bluiett, guards J.P. Macura and Edmond Sumner, power forward Makinde London and center Sean O’Mara.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)