May 10, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Xavier landed a solid late point guard commitment on Saturday afternoon as 2014 guard Larry Austin committed to the Musketeers. Austin confirmed his commitment to Xavier to NBCSports.com in a text message.
The 6-foot-1 Austin led Springfield Lanphier High School in Springfield, Illinois to a 27-2 record during the 2013-14 season and was previously committed to Tennessee before head coach Cuonzo Martin left for Cal on April 15th.
A three-star prospect according to Rivals.com, Austin is regarded by the site the No. 117 prospect in the 2014 national rankings. A tremendous on-the-ball defender and solid floor leader, Austin will have to improve the consistency on his perimeter jumper as he transitions into the Big East.
Austin joins a large and talented 2014 recruiting class at Xavier that includes wing Trevon Bluiett, guards J.P. Macura and Edmond Sumner, power forward Makinde London and center Sean O’Mara.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)