May 11, 2014, 12:08 PM EDT
Iowa State added size to its incoming class in Giorgos Tsalmpouris, a 7-foot-1 center from Greece, who committed to the the Cyclones on Sunday morning.
This news was first reported by Travis Hines of the Ames Tribune.
He joins a recruiting class that includes four-star point guard Clay Cluster and a trio of transfers. Former UNLV guard Bryce Dejean-Jones transferred in and has immediate eligibility if his graduation this spring. Iowa State also welcomes two JuCo forwards — Darien Williams and Jameel McKay. However, Williams will redshirt this year, recovering from surgeries on both shoulders, and McKay will likely have to sit out the first half of the 2014-2015, due to NCAA transfer rules. McKay left Marquette in October.
Tsalmpouris, who won’t turn 18 until June, will play for the Greek national team before arriving in Ames this summer, according to Hines.
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- New Mexico’s Craig Neal cuts hair for ‘Locks of Love’ (VIDEO) 0
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)