May 11, 2014, 12:08 PM EDT
Iowa State added size to its incoming class in Giorgos Tsalmpouris, a 7-foot-1 center from Greece, who committed to the the Cyclones on Sunday morning.
This news was first reported by Travis Hines of the Ames Tribune.
He joins a recruiting class that includes four-star point guard Clay Cluster and a trio of transfers. Former UNLV guard Bryce Dejean-Jones transferred in and has immediate eligibility if his graduation this spring. Iowa State also welcomes two JuCo forwards — Darien Williams and Jameel McKay. However, Williams will redshirt this year, recovering from surgeries on both shoulders, and McKay will likely have to sit out the first half of the 2014-2015, due to NCAA transfer rules. McKay left Marquette in October.
Tsalmpouris, who won’t turn 18 until June, will play for the Greek national team before arriving in Ames this summer, according to Hines.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)