May 11, 2014, 12:08 PM EDT
Iowa State added size to its incoming class in Giorgos Tsalmpouris, a 7-foot-1 center from Greece, who committed to the the Cyclones on Sunday morning.
This news was first reported by Travis Hines of the Ames Tribune.
He joins a recruiting class that includes four-star point guard Clay Cluster and a trio of transfers. Former UNLV guard Bryce Dejean-Jones transferred in and has immediate eligibility if his graduation this spring. Iowa State also welcomes two JuCo forwards — Darien Williams and Jameel McKay. However, Williams will redshirt this year, recovering from surgeries on both shoulders, and McKay will likely have to sit out the first half of the 2014-2015, due to NCAA transfer rules. McKay left Marquette in October.
Tsalmpouris, who won’t turn 18 until June, will play for the Greek national team before arriving in Ames this summer, according to Hines.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)