May 11, 2014, 12:08 PM EDT
Iowa State added size to its incoming class in Giorgos Tsalmpouris, a 7-foot-1 center from Greece, who committed to the the Cyclones on Sunday morning.
This news was first reported by Travis Hines of the Ames Tribune.
He joins a recruiting class that includes four-star point guard Clay Cluster and a trio of transfers. Former UNLV guard Bryce Dejean-Jones transferred in and has immediate eligibility if his graduation this spring. Iowa State also welcomes two JuCo forwards — Darien Williams and Jameel McKay. However, Williams will redshirt this year, recovering from surgeries on both shoulders, and McKay will likely have to sit out the first half of the 2014-2015, due to NCAA transfer rules. McKay left Marquette in October.
Tsalmpouris, who won’t turn 18 until June, will play for the Greek national team before arriving in Ames this summer, according to Hines.
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0