May 11, 2014, 12:08 PM EDT
Iowa State added size to its incoming class in Giorgos Tsalmpouris, a 7-foot-1 center from Greece, who committed to the the Cyclones on Sunday morning.
This news was first reported by Travis Hines of the Ames Tribune.
He joins a recruiting class that includes four-star point guard Clay Cluster and a trio of transfers. Former UNLV guard Bryce Dejean-Jones transferred in and has immediate eligibility if his graduation this spring. Iowa State also welcomes two JuCo forwards — Darien Williams and Jameel McKay. However, Williams will redshirt this year, recovering from surgeries on both shoulders, and McKay will likely have to sit out the first half of the 2014-2015, due to NCAA transfer rules. McKay left Marquette in October.
Tsalmpouris, who won’t turn 18 until June, will play for the Greek national team before arriving in Ames this summer, according to Hines.
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 0
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)