May 11, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
With some of the top available college transfers having picked new schools, the most productive players yet to choose a school will become more popular in the coming weeks. Especially if said player will be eligible to play immediately, which is the case for former North Carolina A&T guard Richaud Pack.
Pack’s expected to graduate this summer, which would allow him to use his final season of eligibility at another school of his choice. And Pack’s going through the process of finding another school, with Brad Winton of JucoRecruiting.com reporting Friday that the 6-foot-3 guard is visiting Maryland Sunday and Monday, with a stop at Texas A&M planned for Wednesday and Thursday.
Last season Pack averaged 17.0 points and 4.6 rebounds per game, scoring a season-high 30 points in a win over NJIT in mid-January. Both Maryland and Texas A&M can use the additional depth on the perimeter, based upon who they’ve lost since the end of the 2013-14 season.
Both Nick Faust and Seth Allen have left Maryland, leaving the Terrapins with a young albeit talented core that will be led by rising senior Dez Wells. Head coach Mark Turgeon adds three talented guards as part of his five-member recruiting class in point guard Romelo Trimble, shooting guard Dion Wiley and wing Jared Nickens.
It should also be noted that Pack isn’t the only fifth-year guard the Terrapins are considering, with IUPUI guard Ian Chiles also receiving interest.
As for Texas A&M, the Aggies’ most experienced players are rising senior Jordan Green and rising junior Alex Caruso. The other four players head coach Billy Kennedy will have to work with are all freshmen, with four-star point guard Alex Robinson the most highly regarded prospect of the four.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)