May 11, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
With some of the top available college transfers having picked new schools, the most productive players yet to choose a school will become more popular in the coming weeks. Especially if said player will be eligible to play immediately, which is the case for former North Carolina A&T guard Richaud Pack.
Pack’s expected to graduate this summer, which would allow him to use his final season of eligibility at another school of his choice. And Pack’s going through the process of finding another school, with Brad Winton of JucoRecruiting.com reporting Friday that the 6-foot-3 guard is visiting Maryland Sunday and Monday, with a stop at Texas A&M planned for Wednesday and Thursday.
Last season Pack averaged 17.0 points and 4.6 rebounds per game, scoring a season-high 30 points in a win over NJIT in mid-January. Both Maryland and Texas A&M can use the additional depth on the perimeter, based upon who they’ve lost since the end of the 2013-14 season.
Both Nick Faust and Seth Allen have left Maryland, leaving the Terrapins with a young albeit talented core that will be led by rising senior Dez Wells. Head coach Mark Turgeon adds three talented guards as part of his five-member recruiting class in point guard Romelo Trimble, shooting guard Dion Wiley and wing Jared Nickens.
It should also be noted that Pack isn’t the only fifth-year guard the Terrapins are considering, with IUPUI guard Ian Chiles also receiving interest.
As for Texas A&M, the Aggies’ most experienced players are rising senior Jordan Green and rising junior Alex Caruso. The other four players head coach Billy Kennedy will have to work with are all freshmen, with four-star point guard Alex Robinson the most highly regarded prospect of the four.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 0
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)