May 12, 2014, 4:12 PM EDT
Iowa landed a commitment from 2015 shooting guard Andrew Fleming on Monday afternoon as the native of Tennessee took to Twitter to announce his collegiate decision.
Fleming chose Iowa over other finalists that included Florida, Memphis, Ohio State, UNLV and Vanderbilt. The shooting guard visited Iowa over the weekend with his father and was offered a scholarship before his commitment on Monday.
The 6-foot-5, 205-pound Fleming will play his senior season at Oak Hill Academy after spending his first three years of high school at Ensworth High School. Fleming helped Enworth to three consecutive state titles and also won the Division II-AA Mr. Basketball award in Tennessee this past season.
Fleming is currently not rated by Rivals.com, but saw his stock rise quickly this spring while playing with Team Thad, including a breakout performance in front of college coaches at the Under Armour Association’s Hoop Group Pitt Jam Fest.
Iowa has a lot of guards and shooters already on the roster but Josh Oglesby graduates after this season and Mike Gesell and Anthony Clemmons will both be seniors when Fleming arrives. Peter Jok also just finished his freshman season at Iowa and the Hawkeyes have signed Wisconsin-native and sharpshooter Brady Ellingson for next season as well.
Fleming is joined in Iowa’s 2015 recruiting class by Chicago native and forward Brandon Hutton.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)