May 12, 2014, 4:12 PM EDT
Iowa landed a commitment from 2015 shooting guard Andrew Fleming on Monday afternoon as the native of Tennessee took to Twitter to announce his collegiate decision.
Fleming chose Iowa over other finalists that included Florida, Memphis, Ohio State, UNLV and Vanderbilt. The shooting guard visited Iowa over the weekend with his father and was offered a scholarship before his commitment on Monday.
The 6-foot-5, 205-pound Fleming will play his senior season at Oak Hill Academy after spending his first three years of high school at Ensworth High School. Fleming helped Enworth to three consecutive state titles and also won the Division II-AA Mr. Basketball award in Tennessee this past season.
Fleming is currently not rated by Rivals.com, but saw his stock rise quickly this spring while playing with Team Thad, including a breakout performance in front of college coaches at the Under Armour Association’s Hoop Group Pitt Jam Fest.
Iowa has a lot of guards and shooters already on the roster but Josh Oglesby graduates after this season and Mike Gesell and Anthony Clemmons will both be seniors when Fleming arrives. Peter Jok also just finished his freshman season at Iowa and the Hawkeyes have signed Wisconsin-native and sharpshooter Brady Ellingson for next season as well.
Fleming is joined in Iowa’s 2015 recruiting class by Chicago native and forward Brandon Hutton.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)