May 12, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
After being left out of the 2014 NCAA Tournament in-part because of a weak non-conference schedule, SMU seems to have made a vow to play a tougher non-conference schedule for the 2014-15 season.
The Mustangs and head coach Larry Brown added another quality opponent for the next few years on Monday as it was reported by CBSSports.com‘s Jon Rothstein that SMU will play Michigan in a home-and-home series beginning this season.
Rothstein reports that the first game in the series will be played December 20th, 2014 in Ann Arbor with a return game coming to Dallas in 2015.
With SMU also having games on the road at TCU, Gonzaga and Indiana, the Mustangs will have plenty of good opponents during the non-conference portion of the season as they attempt to make the NCAA Tournament in 2015.
But back to the Michigan and SMU game for a second.
How fun is it going to be to see Brown and John Beilein go against each other? Or how about the battle of backcourts as McDonald’s All-American Emmanuel Mudiay and Nic Moore go against Derrick Walton and Caris LeVert.
This has the makings of a really fun December contest.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)