May 12, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
After being left out of the 2014 NCAA Tournament in-part because of a weak non-conference schedule, SMU seems to have made a vow to play a tougher non-conference schedule for the 2014-15 season.
The Mustangs and head coach Larry Brown added another quality opponent for the next few years on Monday as it was reported by CBSSports.com‘s Jon Rothstein that SMU will play Michigan in a home-and-home series beginning this season.
Rothstein reports that the first game in the series will be played December 20th, 2014 in Ann Arbor with a return game coming to Dallas in 2015.
With SMU also having games on the road at TCU, Gonzaga and Indiana, the Mustangs will have plenty of good opponents during the non-conference portion of the season as they attempt to make the NCAA Tournament in 2015.
But back to the Michigan and SMU game for a second.
How fun is it going to be to see Brown and John Beilein go against each other? Or how about the battle of backcourts as McDonald’s All-American Emmanuel Mudiay and Nic Moore go against Derrick Walton and Caris LeVert.
This has the makings of a really fun December contest.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)