May 12, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
After being left out of the 2014 NCAA Tournament in-part because of a weak non-conference schedule, SMU seems to have made a vow to play a tougher non-conference schedule for the 2014-15 season.
The Mustangs and head coach Larry Brown added another quality opponent for the next few years on Monday as it was reported by CBSSports.com‘s Jon Rothstein that SMU will play Michigan in a home-and-home series beginning this season.
Rothstein reports that the first game in the series will be played December 20th, 2014 in Ann Arbor with a return game coming to Dallas in 2015.
With SMU also having games on the road at TCU, Gonzaga and Indiana, the Mustangs will have plenty of good opponents during the non-conference portion of the season as they attempt to make the NCAA Tournament in 2015.
But back to the Michigan and SMU game for a second.
How fun is it going to be to see Brown and John Beilein go against each other? Or how about the battle of backcourts as McDonald’s All-American Emmanuel Mudiay and Nic Moore go against Derrick Walton and Caris LeVert.
This has the makings of a really fun December contest.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)