May 12, 2014, 3:48 PM EST
Donnie Tyndall continued the hot start to his tenure at Tennessee on Monday as he landed a commitment from Florida-Gulf Coast transfer Eric McKnight, according to multiple reports.
McKnight is a 6-foot-9, super-athletic forward that was a part of the original Dunk City team that made a run to the 2013 Sweet 16. He averaged 6.9 points and 5.1 boards as a junior and will be eligible immediately for the Vols if he receives a graduate transfer waiver. He sat out the 2011-2012 season after transferring to FGCU from Iowa State.
McKnight, who was suspended from the team for the first six games of the season, picked Tennessee over Wichita State.
McKnight is the fifth major recruiting win that Tyndall has landed in the last couple of weeks. Jabari McGhee, Kevin Punter and top 100 guard Detrick Mostella all committed to Tennessee since Tyndall took over. He also managed to keep Robert Gubbs, a five-star recruit in the class of 2013, from transferring out of the program.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)