May 12, 2014, 3:48 PM EST
Donnie Tyndall continued the hot start to his tenure at Tennessee on Monday as he landed a commitment from Florida-Gulf Coast transfer Eric McKnight, according to multiple reports.
McKnight is a 6-foot-9, super-athletic forward that was a part of the original Dunk City team that made a run to the 2013 Sweet 16. He averaged 6.9 points and 5.1 boards as a junior and will be eligible immediately for the Vols if he receives a graduate transfer waiver. He sat out the 2011-2012 season after transferring to FGCU from Iowa State.
McKnight, who was suspended from the team for the first six games of the season, picked Tennessee over Wichita State.
McKnight is the fifth major recruiting win that Tyndall has landed in the last couple of weeks. Jabari McGhee, Kevin Punter and top 100 guard Detrick Mostella all committed to Tennessee since Tyndall took over. He also managed to keep Robert Gubbs, a five-star recruit in the class of 2013, from transferring out of the program.
- New Year’s Resolutions: Arizona Wildcats 0
- The ten biggest disappointments of the 2014-2015 college basketball season 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Gonzaga Bulldogs 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Duke Blue Devils 1
- The ten biggest surprises in college basketball in 2014-2015 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: UConn Huskies 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor remains on top 1
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville (5)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)
- One suitor for Duke transfer hopes to land him despite not having an available scholarship (3)
- No. 24 North Carolina handles No. 12 Ohio State (3)