May 12, 2014, 3:48 PM EST
Donnie Tyndall continued the hot start to his tenure at Tennessee on Monday as he landed a commitment from Florida-Gulf Coast transfer Eric McKnight, according to multiple reports.
McKnight is a 6-foot-9, super-athletic forward that was a part of the original Dunk City team that made a run to the 2013 Sweet 16. He averaged 6.9 points and 5.1 boards as a junior and will be eligible immediately for the Vols if he receives a graduate transfer waiver. He sat out the 2011-2012 season after transferring to FGCU from Iowa State.
McKnight, who was suspended from the team for the first six games of the season, picked Tennessee over Wichita State.
McKnight is the fifth major recruiting win that Tyndall has landed in the last couple of weeks. Jabari McGhee, Kevin Punter and top 100 guard Detrick Mostella all committed to Tennessee since Tyndall took over. He also managed to keep Robert Gubbs, a five-star recruit in the class of 2013, from transferring out of the program.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 8
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 14
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)