May 12, 2014, 3:48 PM EST
Donnie Tyndall continued the hot start to his tenure at Tennessee on Monday as he landed a commitment from Florida-Gulf Coast transfer Eric McKnight, according to multiple reports.
McKnight is a 6-foot-9, super-athletic forward that was a part of the original Dunk City team that made a run to the 2013 Sweet 16. He averaged 6.9 points and 5.1 boards as a junior and will be eligible immediately for the Vols if he receives a graduate transfer waiver. He sat out the 2011-2012 season after transferring to FGCU from Iowa State.
McKnight, who was suspended from the team for the first six games of the season, picked Tennessee over Wichita State.
McKnight is the fifth major recruiting win that Tyndall has landed in the last couple of weeks. Jabari McGhee, Kevin Punter and top 100 guard Detrick Mostella all committed to Tennessee since Tyndall took over. He also managed to keep Robert Gubbs, a five-star recruit in the class of 2013, from transferring out of the program.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)