May 12, 2014, 3:48 PM EST
Donnie Tyndall continued the hot start to his tenure at Tennessee on Monday as he landed a commitment from Florida-Gulf Coast transfer Eric McKnight, according to multiple reports.
McKnight is a 6-foot-9, super-athletic forward that was a part of the original Dunk City team that made a run to the 2013 Sweet 16. He averaged 6.9 points and 5.1 boards as a junior and will be eligible immediately for the Vols if he receives a graduate transfer waiver. He sat out the 2011-2012 season after transferring to FGCU from Iowa State.
McKnight, who was suspended from the team for the first six games of the season, picked Tennessee over Wichita State.
McKnight is the fifth major recruiting win that Tyndall has landed in the last couple of weeks. Jabari McGhee, Kevin Punter and top 100 guard Detrick Mostella all committed to Tennessee since Tyndall took over. He also managed to keep Robert Gubbs, a five-star recruit in the class of 2013, from transferring out of the program.
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)