May 12, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
USC landed a big commitment on Monday night as the Trojans and head coach Andy Enfield landed a pledge from 2015 four-star power forward Chimezie Metu.
The 6-foot-9, 210-pound Metu announced his commitment to USC on Twitter.
The commitment of Metu is big for USC as they land the No. 46 player in Rivals.com‘s 2015 national rankings. A native of Lawndale, California, Metu attends Lawndale High School and runs with the Oakland Soldiers alongside top-5 classmate Ivan Rabb.
Metu is the first commitment for the Trojans in the 2015 class and he gives Enfield a high-upside forward that could evolve into a potential stretch four. Although Metu is more comfortable closer to the hoop, he will drift to the perimeter as he’s made 3-of-6 three-point attempts during EYBL play this spring.
On the defensive end, Metu moves well enough — and is big enough — to guard power forwards and centers and should also be a solid rebounder from day one thanks to his length and athleticism.
USC beat a top five that included Arizona State, Cal, Creighton and Harvard for Metu’s commitment.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (3)
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Seventh Woods down to three schools, sets official visits (2)