May 12, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
USC landed a big commitment on Monday night as the Trojans and head coach Andy Enfield landed a pledge from 2015 four-star power forward Chimezie Metu.
The 6-foot-9, 210-pound Metu announced his commitment to USC on Twitter.
So blessed and excited to announce that after my senior year at Lawndale I will be attending the University of Southern California —
Chimezie Metu™ (@Chimezie_Metu) May 13, 2014
The commitment of Metu is big for USC as they land the No. 46 player in Rivals.com‘s 2015 national rankings. A native of Lawndale, California, Metu attends Lawndale High School and runs with the Oakland Soldiers alongside top-5 classmate Ivan Rabb.
Metu is the first commitment for the Trojans in the 2015 class and he gives Enfield a high-upside forward that could evolve into a potential stretch four. Although Metu is more comfortable closer to the hoop, he will drift to the perimeter as he’s made 3-of-6 three-point attempts during EYBL play this spring.
On the defensive end, Metu moves well enough — and is big enough — to guard power forwards and centers and should also be a solid rebounder from day one thanks to his length and athleticism.
USC beat a top five that included Arizona State, Cal, Creighton and Harvard for Metu’s commitment.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)