May 12, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
USC landed a big commitment on Monday night as the Trojans and head coach Andy Enfield landed a pledge from 2015 four-star power forward Chimezie Metu.
The 6-foot-9, 210-pound Metu announced his commitment to USC on Twitter.
The commitment of Metu is big for USC as they land the No. 46 player in Rivals.com‘s 2015 national rankings. A native of Lawndale, California, Metu attends Lawndale High School and runs with the Oakland Soldiers alongside top-5 classmate Ivan Rabb.
Metu is the first commitment for the Trojans in the 2015 class and he gives Enfield a high-upside forward that could evolve into a potential stretch four. Although Metu is more comfortable closer to the hoop, he will drift to the perimeter as he’s made 3-of-6 three-point attempts during EYBL play this spring.
On the defensive end, Metu moves well enough — and is big enough — to guard power forwards and centers and should also be a solid rebounder from day one thanks to his length and athleticism.
USC beat a top five that included Arizona State, Cal, Creighton and Harvard for Metu’s commitment.
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (7)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (6)