May 12, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
USC landed a big commitment on Monday night as the Trojans and head coach Andy Enfield landed a pledge from 2015 four-star power forward Chimezie Metu.
The 6-foot-9, 210-pound Metu announced his commitment to USC on Twitter.
The commitment of Metu is big for USC as they land the No. 46 player in Rivals.com‘s 2015 national rankings. A native of Lawndale, California, Metu attends Lawndale High School and runs with the Oakland Soldiers alongside top-5 classmate Ivan Rabb.
Metu is the first commitment for the Trojans in the 2015 class and he gives Enfield a high-upside forward that could evolve into a potential stretch four. Although Metu is more comfortable closer to the hoop, he will drift to the perimeter as he’s made 3-of-6 three-point attempts during EYBL play this spring.
On the defensive end, Metu moves well enough — and is big enough — to guard power forwards and centers and should also be a solid rebounder from day one thanks to his length and athleticism.
USC beat a top five that included Arizona State, Cal, Creighton and Harvard for Metu’s commitment.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)