May 12, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
USC landed a big commitment on Monday night as the Trojans and head coach Andy Enfield landed a pledge from 2015 four-star power forward Chimezie Metu.
The 6-foot-9, 210-pound Metu announced his commitment to USC on Twitter.
The commitment of Metu is big for USC as they land the No. 46 player in Rivals.com‘s 2015 national rankings. A native of Lawndale, California, Metu attends Lawndale High School and runs with the Oakland Soldiers alongside top-5 classmate Ivan Rabb.
Metu is the first commitment for the Trojans in the 2015 class and he gives Enfield a high-upside forward that could evolve into a potential stretch four. Although Metu is more comfortable closer to the hoop, he will drift to the perimeter as he’s made 3-of-6 three-point attempts during EYBL play this spring.
On the defensive end, Metu moves well enough — and is big enough — to guard power forwards and centers and should also be a solid rebounder from day one thanks to his length and athleticism.
USC beat a top five that included Arizona State, Cal, Creighton and Harvard for Metu’s commitment.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)