May 13, 2014, 11:54 AM EDT
On Tuesday morning, LSU head coach Johnny Jones announced that Anthony Hickey, Malik Morgan and Shane Hammink will be leaving the Tiger program.
“These three players will not be a part of the LSU program next season,” said Coach Jones. “We thank them for the contributions they made to the LSU Basketball team and certainly wish them well in their future plans.”
Hickey was the best of the three, as he was a three-year starter at the point guard spot. As a junior this past season, the Kentucky-native averaged 8.4 points and 3.7 assists while leading the conference in assist-to-turnover ratio. Those numbers were down from his sophomore season, when Hickey averaged 11.2 points, 3.8 assists and 2.9 steals.
Morgan was a 6-foot-4 wing that was a top 100 recruit coming out of high school. He started 20 games in two seasons at LSU, averaging 4.6 points and 3.1 boards as a sophomore. Hammink was a bit player that only played in 21 games last season.
The Tigers are going to have a huge front line next season, but losing Hickey means that Jones is going to have to rely that much more on JuCo transfer Josh Gray.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)