May 13, 2014, 11:54 AM EDT
On Tuesday morning, LSU head coach Johnny Jones announced that Anthony Hickey, Malik Morgan and Shane Hammink will be leaving the Tiger program.
“These three players will not be a part of the LSU program next season,” said Coach Jones. “We thank them for the contributions they made to the LSU Basketball team and certainly wish them well in their future plans.”
Hickey was the best of the three, as he was a three-year starter at the point guard spot. As a junior this past season, the Kentucky-native averaged 8.4 points and 3.7 assists while leading the conference in assist-to-turnover ratio. Those numbers were down from his sophomore season, when Hickey averaged 11.2 points, 3.8 assists and 2.9 steals.
Morgan was a 6-foot-4 wing that was a top 100 recruit coming out of high school. He started 20 games in two seasons at LSU, averaging 4.6 points and 3.1 boards as a sophomore. Hammink was a bit player that only played in 21 games last season.
The Tigers are going to have a huge front line next season, but losing Hickey means that Jones is going to have to rely that much more on JuCo transfer Josh Gray.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)